Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Facebook Fans Page Username Problems

4 posters

Go down

Facebook Fans Page Username Problems Empty Facebook Fans Page Username Problems

Post by bodystudio Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:42 pm

Hello Facebook,

I have a fan page for my business [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for some reason when I type the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] into my browser it doesn't take me,fans or friends to the page. Instead it takes me to the sign in page for me to type in my password or become a facebook member. Now originally I thought it was because I only had 25 fans, now I have 30 still the same thing happens. Can anyone help?

Now, before I made my fan page I made my personal account username which is [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] When I type this into my browser it takes me directly to the page. So no problem there with the username. I can't figure this out.

Thanks,

bodystudio
bodystudio
bodystudio
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Facebook Fans Page Username Problems Empty Re: Facebook Fans Page Username Problems

Post by Admin Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:17 am

Hello,

Is it a Fan Page or a Group? Because I can't find your page on Facebook Search.

Thanks!
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Facebook Fans Page Username Problems Empty Re: Facebook Fans Page Username Problems

Post by Admin Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:26 am

Hello again,

This is what I found in the Help Center

If you are an administrator of a Facebook Page, you will be able to choose your username at facebook.com/username just like a user selecting a username for their profile. There will be an interface for you to choose usernames for the Pages you administer.

Also, when I click the second page you provided, I'm taken to a persoanl Profile, of a guy called "Dan Gordon".
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:33 am

The first link, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] , works fine for me.
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:34 am

The first link redirects me to my Homepage :|
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by bodystudio Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:24 am

funnytim wrote:The first link, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] , works fine for me.

I have tried from different computers I'am still not able to access [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Page. I can not figure this out.
bodystudio
bodystudio
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by bodystudio Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:25 am

Yes that is personal profile for my fan page.

The Listener wrote:Hello again,

If you are an administrator of a Facebook Page, you will be able to choose your username at facebook.com/username just like a user selecting a username for their profile. There will be an interface for you to choose usernames for the Pages you administer.

Also, when I click the second page you provided, I'm taken to a persoanl Profile, of a guy called "Dan Gordon".
bodystudio
bodystudio
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by bodystudio Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:26 am

This is a Fan Page.

The Listener wrote:Hello,

Thanks!
bodystudio
bodystudio
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by bodystudio Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:30 am

I have tried pretty much everything, still the same response. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] can be looked up in the search under The Body Studio For Fitness.
bodystudio
bodystudio
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:22 pm

bodystudio wrote:
funnytim wrote:The first link, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] , works fine for me.

I have tried from different computers I'am still not able to access [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Page. I can not figure this out.

bodystudio wrote:Yes that is personal profile for my fan page.

The Listener wrote:Hello again,

What do you mean with "Personal Profile for your Page"?

bodystudio wrote:This is a Fan Page.

The Listener wrote:Hello,

Thanks!

bodystudio wrote:I have tried pretty much everything, still the same response. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] can be looked up in the search under The Body Studio For Fitness.

Please do not multiple post without 24hs delay, use the Multiple Quote Button.
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:36 pm

bodystudio wrote:Hello Facebook,

I have a fan page for my business [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for some reason when I type the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] into my browser it doesn't take me,fans or friends to the page. Instead it takes me to the sign in page for me to type in my password or become a facebook member.bodystudio

maybe me asking a dumb question but , are you already logged into Facebook before you try that link ?

If not, if it is within the Facebook auspices I guess it is stating the obvious but you surely have to log in to Facebook first ........
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by bodystudio Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:27 am

Hi Ruby,

Yes, even when signed in, I have tried to access using another computer I'm still unable to access my page [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
bodystudio
bodystudio
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:51 pm

bodystudio wrote:Hi Ruby,

Yes, even when signed in, I have tried to access using another computer I'm still unable to access my page

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

OK; log into Facebook , then now click on that link and tell us where it takes you to
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Facebook Fans Page Username Problems Empty Username Problems

Post by bodystudio Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:32 pm

I signed into my facebook fan page, then try to access my fan page [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] on another computer. Result is always the same, I'm taken to the sign in page for facebook, not to my fan page. Your expertise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan
bodystudio
bodystudio
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:19 pm

bodystudio wrote:I signed into my facebook fan page, then try to access my fan page [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] on another computer. Result is always the same, I'm taken to the sign in page for facebook, not to my fan page. Your expertise would be greatly appreciated.

What account, if any, are you logged onto when you try to access the page on that computer (as bolded)?

By the way this is what I get when I access the page, logged in:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:46 am

Please try signing into Facebook first
then try navigating to your specific section......

As there has been no response for over a week I am assuming this problem has resolved itself

>>>Locked and Moved
>>>Please PM a Mod if you require it re-opened

Last edited by ruby1 on Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : as stated)
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down