Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

need help some how created an extra profile and can not log into my real profile

+2
Tim
chet513
6 posters

Go down

need help some how created an extra profile and can not log into my real profile Empty need help some how created an extra profile and can not log into my real profile

Post by chet513 Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:41 am

I can not log into my profile on face book. I had deleted some cookies on my computer and now when I go to Facebook it logs me on to a new profile that has same password and email as my old one. I want to keep the old one and get rid of the new one. I can still see my old one and all my pics when looking at though my new one. I have disabled the new one and will wait to try to log in for a day or two. has anyone else had this problem?
chet513
chet513
Prospect

Back to top Go down

need help some how created an extra profile and can not log into my real profile Empty Re: need help some how created an extra profile and can not log into my real profile

Post by Tim Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:10 am

Hello,

So, you're saying both accounts are registered with the same email and password??
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

need help some how created an extra profile and can not log into my real profile Empty Re: need help some how created an extra profile and can not log into my real profile

Post by jonnypneumonic Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:12 am

HMmmm didn't think you could do that, you sure the first one didn't have a different email or pass?

If you go into your new account, then chose to close it down / terminate, then surely the next time you login you'll be directed to the only account still there - i.e. the original account ?

J.
jonnypneumonic
jonnypneumonic
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by chet513 Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:11 pm

yes same email and same pass word. I have terminated the one I do not want. How long do you have to wait though to log on because If I log on it will reactivate the old one.
chet513
chet513
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:45 pm

The old one will always be there unless Facebook deletes it.
Josh
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

need help some how created an extra profile and can not log into my real profile Empty well I hope this works

Post by chet513 Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:42 pm

I have deleted the newer profile and will see if that works. so I can have access to my first one. I think I have to wait 14 day to log in so that the wrong profile is deleted, wish me luck
chet513
chet513
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:22 am

Please let us know the progress of this problem
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by chet513 Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:55 am

have waited 14 days and am going to try to log in to old account wish me luck
chet513
chet513
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:10 pm

Good luck; please let us know if it works Happy
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by chet513 Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:53 pm

no it didn't work. said my email was invalid. in the help screen had a link to contact facebook it said to have a screen shot. though all that the screen says is that my email is invaild.
chet513
chet513
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:24 pm

So now you cannot access either your old or new one?
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by chet513 Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:20 am

correct yet people are still posting and sending me messages but not getting them. I hope that if I keep trying and keep sending emails to Facebook then maybe they will contact me or someone here will have the answer. It is very fulstrating though
chet513
chet513
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:12 pm

>>>Please let us know within 3 days if you have had any feedback on this issue
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by chet513 Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:12 pm

Have had no contact as of feb 19 sent email 2 days ago so hope that sooner or later will get some sort of help thanks and we will see
chet513
chet513
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:57 am

>>Locked and Moved to Solved; Please PM a Staff Member if you need this reopened
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum