Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't log into Facebook after switching to "lite"

3 posters

Go down

Can't log into Facebook after switching to "lite" Empty Can't log into Facebook after switching to "lite"

Post by hippyheaven Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:48 pm

I decided to "try" facebook lite a few days back. After my first session, I have been unable to log back in. I keep getting the chrome message "this link appears to be broken" If I try to type the normal facebook URL in I always get redirected to "https://lite.facebook.com/" and then get the message "this link appears to be broken" I have cleared my passwords, DNS cache, switched computers & browsers all to the same effect. Somehow facebook will not let me in. I obviously want back in and I would like to not have facebook lite anymore. Can anyone guide me through this.
hippyheaven
hippyheaven
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Can't log into Facebook after switching to "lite" Empty Re: Can't log into Facebook after switching to "lite"

Post by Admin Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:23 pm

Hello,

Have you tried changing the URL from 'http://www' to 'https://ssl' already?

Regards
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Can't log into Facebook after switching to "lite" Empty https://ssl Cant log into facebook

Post by hippyheaven Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:57 pm

I have now. Nothing. I can get into facebook/friends etc. just not home.
Mayby you should give the the whole string I need to use as I have tried. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] neither works.
hippyheaven
hippyheaven
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Can't log into Facebook after switching to "lite" Empty Re: Can't log into Facebook after switching to "lite"

Post by Admin Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:01 pm

Hello,

If you're using IE it won't work. It only works with Firefox, Chrome or Opera. Have you tried any of those?

Regards
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Can't log into Facebook after switching to "lite" Empty browsers

Post by hippyheaven Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:20 pm

I use chrome.
hippyheaven
hippyheaven
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:32 pm

Try going to Settings --> Default Site --> When I go to Facebook.com, show me: --> regular Facebook.

Hope it works!
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hippyheaven Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:40 pm

Sorry, I feel a little ignorant. When I go to Settings there is no "default site" option
Just Account, privacy, and applications, (and help) none of which has a option for "default site".
hippyheaven
hippyheaven
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:41 pm

Here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hippyheaven Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:56 pm

Same problem "this link appears to be broken"
hippyheaven
hippyheaven
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:06 pm

I have the same problem now. Strange. Tried with 2 different browsers.

Let me do some research to fid a solution Wink
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by jongbound Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:39 pm

I have the same problem as this but i can access/login my acct. to >>> [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Problems Encountered from 10 hours ago onwards up to this moment and still counting:
1. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] RESULT IS: >>> "The connection has timed out"
The server at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] is taking too long to respond.

* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
moments.

* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

2. I tried to login my facebook account with the help of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and the result is this:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

FACEBOOK is down???

>>>No feedback for three weeks ; assumed resolved; Locked and Moved

Last edited by ruby1 on Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:48 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : as stated)
jongbound
jongbound

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down