Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Friends lists. Privacy settings. Re-customizing. Oh my.

2 posters

Go down

Friends lists. Privacy settings. Re-customizing. Oh my. Empty Friends lists. Privacy settings. Re-customizing. Oh my.

Post by myshoe Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:22 am

{ Btw that description is actually the new question thread I started over at the actual Facebook, here's the link: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] There, some copy/pasting for Clyde. Whistle Coincidentally, a nice FF member responded to that thread with the link to come here. Pacman }

Basically, I want to change the limitations and accesses that I'd originally ascribed to each Friend list I'd made. For example, I made two kinds of "lesser" Limited Profile lists, one for adults and one for kids, which don't completely blitz them like LP, but does prevent them from accessing certain pertinent parts of my profile.

I've gone over the Privacy settings a zillion times and can't find a place where I can change those settings. Its really, really, REALLYREALLYREALLY annoying. Shark Heey! Angry
myshoe
myshoe
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Friends lists. Privacy settings. Re-customizing. Oh my. Empty Re: Friends lists. Privacy settings. Re-customizing. Oh my.

Post by Admin Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:31 pm

Hello!

You can use Friend Lists to create different privacy levels for different groups of your friends. This allows you to selectively open more of your profile to the people closest to you. From the Profile Information section of your Privacy Settings page, clicking "Customize" will open a field for "Hide this from these people." Adding a friend or Friend List name here will hide the information in question from these people when they view your profile.

If you add a user to more than one Friend List, and those Friend Lists have conflicting privacy settings, the more restrictive of the privacy settings will always be respected.

If you enter three or more friends as an exception, you’ll have the option to create a new Friend List to group these people. You can create, edit and delete Friend Lists from your Friends page.

Hope it helps Happy Eyes
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Friends lists. Privacy settings. Re-customizing. Oh my. Empty Re: Friends lists. Privacy settings. Re-customizing. Oh my.

Post by myshoe Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:14 pm

Thank you Mario, but your princess is in another castle -- err, I mean, I already knew that. That's how I created all my friends lists in the first place. But does that mean that, once made, and once the settings are, well, set - I can't edit those settings anymore? That's really what I'm asking about, not setting those things up in the first place. ((Sorry to sound so abrupt, its just that this problem is seriously starting to irritate me...))
myshoe
myshoe
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:48 am

What happens when you try to edit them?
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by myshoe Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:31 am

See, that's the thing - I can't. I can't find any link or window or section or anything where I can do something like that. Not in the Privacy settings OR the Friends tab... What I'm really afraid of, is having to delete the list and start again from scratch, because each and every list I've made was very specifically set up.

What all this has done is made me question the structure of the Friends list option: I think it should be a specific list made, THEN have permissions customized to fit that group. However, I think Facebook is doing the opposite, where you start allowing or blocking certain people from specific parts of your profile, and THEN you're allowed to group those people together.........or something like that. I'm still a little confused on the details... *sigh*
myshoe
myshoe
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum