Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Non Friend Event Invitees for an Event

3 posters

Go down

Non Friend Event Invitees for an Event Empty Non Friend Event Invitees for an Event

Post by DanieM Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:48 pm

I am trying to create and Event for a class reunion. Some of my classmates are facebook users, but not my "friends". We want to, of course, extend to invitation to all the classmates. How can this be done?
DanieM
DanieM

Back to top Go down

Non Friend Event Invitees for an Event Empty Re: Non Friend Event Invitees for an Event

Post by Admin Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:17 pm

Hello,

Unfortunately to avoid spam Facebook doesn't allow to invite non-facebook people to the event. you can try sending a mass e-mail with the event link though.

Best,
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Non Friend Event Invitees for an Event Empty Re: Non Friend Event Invitees for an Event

Post by Ruby Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:34 pm

On the point of Spam..... if you do do a mass mailing for this you do need to be very careful how to title the message as people may construe the email as a Spam message if not given a suitable title ;

also do be aware that the recipients will also be able to see the email address of others whom you have copied it to; some people do not like others to get hold of their email address in this way

and other problem is, you are , of course ,assuming that all have access to the Internet, and all have access to active email addresses..........

You may wish to be aware of another thread on here where 'invites' to an event were sent out too late and the 'event' was a bit of a 'damp squid '.....................so be forewarned to get notifications out by a suitable method available for all to view in good time
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Non Friend Event Invitees for an Event Empty facebook event

Post by DanieM Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:52 am

They are users of facebook, just not on "my" personal friend list, but they are registered users of facebook. Basically what I want to do is create and event, be able to go to the friend finder and look up all people from my class year and be able to invite them to the reunion, regardless if they are on my personal friend list or not.
DanieM
DanieM

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:22 pm

I suggest you sent out invites maybe two or three at at time and space them out over several days to avoid the spamming issue ; Facebook seems to be very alert to that problem; do be careful else you can find yourself banned for as long as they feel necesssary

Locked and Moved to solved

Last edited by ruby1 on Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : as stated)
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum