Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

wall posts showing on news feeds

2 posters

Go down

wall posts showing on news feeds Empty wall posts showing on news feeds

Post by rmrose25 Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:58 pm

When I post something on a friends wall it shows up on the news feed, why? And how can I stop it? I tried the filter icon next to the share button, changed the setting for that post, and it still showed up on the news feed! When I post something on someones wall, it should not be published. That is between me and my friend. Is there a way to control this?

Thankx,
rmrose25
rmrose25
rmrose25

Back to top Go down

wall posts showing on news feeds Empty Re: wall posts showing on news feeds

Post by Admin Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:07 pm

Hello,

First, wrong section. Next time please read carefully. This section says "No Facebook Support Here!"

==> Moved to Wall Support

Back on topic.

That isn't possible with the new Privacy Settings. The only way to do it is clicking on the "Remove" button when hovering that recent activity. Read this.

Information about Recent Activity
Whether we display a story on your profile is now controlled by the privacy of the content itself, rather than an additional setting. For example, only people who can see both your Wall, and the Wall to which you posted would be able to see a story about you writing on a friend’s Wall. You cannot completely turn off recent activity stories anymore. However, if you want to remove a particular story that currently shows up, simply click the “Remove” button that appears to the right of the story after you move your mouse over it.

Hope it helps!

No feedback Locked and Moved

Last edited by ruby1 on Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:06 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : as stated)
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum