Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I thought a forum was for help?

4 posters

Go down

I thought a forum was for help? Empty I thought a forum was for help?

Post by butterflywrenn Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:00 pm

I sent in 3 different questions earlier today, one behind the other. One of them got answered and the others got deleted, I guess. I cant find them in the search at least anyway. What good is a forum, if your questions get deleted?
butterflywrenn
butterflywrenn
Prospect

Back to top Go down

I thought a forum was for help? Empty Re: I thought a forum was for help?

Post by Admin Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:05 pm

==> Moving this to Feedback

Hello,

After seeing your topics (which I sent to trash because I thought they dealt about the same thing) I see you were asking different questions. My bad. Usually when a member posts several topics in the same category, I assume they're doubled (trust me that lots of people do this).

I'm sorry. I'm sending these topics back to where they were and removing your infraction.

Regards,
The Listener
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:11 pm

Topics have been moved back and warnings have been removed.

Again I'd like to apologize for my mistake. Hope your questions get solved!
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:27 pm

butterflywrenn wrote:I sent in 3 different questions earlier today, one behind the other. One of them got answered and the others got deleted, I guess. I cant find them in the search at least anyway. What good is a forum, if your questions get deleted?

I have just checked back on the threads;
http://www.thefacebookforum.net/search.forum?search_author=butterflywrenn

If you recall , you originally posted all of them in the Facebook General Support section..

I saw them and moved them to what I felt were the most relevent sections in Facebook Support ( and made a note in green which is my Moderator colour) on each of them ; they are currently where I left them.

If you wish to find your posts easily you can go to the tab at the top of the forum that says
view your posts

I hoped that explanation helps??

Staff are here to help you to navigate the Forum and to move Posts that are in what may be the wrong section for the Support the Member needs

Also, as The Listener says, I too had to consider if the posts were all actually asking the same question but in a different way ;we do see that on here a lot so have to keep vigilant..

My decision was to leave all of them as I felt that you were actually asking different questions in each of the posts

I do hope that that has clarified for you what happened? We are here to help, and one of the ways we 'help' is to ensure that all requests for help are posted in the appropriate section of the board...and if they are not it is one of the the Duties of the Moderators to move them ( as happened with your posts on this occasion ) hello
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by keemyasay Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:12 pm

I noticed that too. Don't worry I'll help you Happy , we always have the report button to report unwanted post. That's the only way I can help.

thank you
keemyasay
keemyasay
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:32 pm

I will repeat; The Staff are here to help all Members; one way we do that is to check posts to see if they are in the correct section ; if they are not then we move them to the most appropriate section

One (amongst many ) of the Staff 'Duties' is to regulary 'patrol 'the forum to see if any thread does need moving or anything needs removing from the Public area of the Forum .

If a Member notices something not quite right , they do have the Report button they can use to let Staff know that a post may need to be moved

If a Staff Member happens to be on the Board when new posts are made, they may well check them and move them if appropraite

ALL of you have access to your 'View your posts' tab , and if you click on it you can then see where all your posts are, even if Staff have moved them from the Section in which you originally posted them

@butterflywrenn ??does this maybe answer your question ...we do 'help'...in many ways 'behind the scenes'........
happy
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:14 pm

This has been solved already, I've apologized, removed the warnings and the topics back to each section. It's pointless to leave this discussion open.

==> Locked
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down