Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Status Updates

4 posters

Go down

Status Updates Empty Status Updates

Post by tinawinsor Mon May 10, 2010 9:49 pm

Whenever I change my Status, and hit "Share" it dosen't show in the News Feed for me or any of my friends on Facebook. The only way anyone can see it (my status) is by going to my Profile page and view it there... I see everyone elses... can someone please explain to me what I have done wrong? any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated. This problem only started a couple of days ago.

Double topic posts merged. ~funnytim
tinawinsor
tinawinsor

Back to top Go down

Status Updates Empty Re: Status Updates

Post by ecosystem Mon May 10, 2010 11:49 pm

When you click inside the text box to enter a status, there should be a little lock icon near near the bottom of the box.
Click on that and make sure it is set to either "Only friends" or "everyone" or whatever you want, but make sure it is not disabled.

-or-

Go to "account" in the top right corner. Then go to "privacy settings" then go to "personal information and posts".
Make sure your "posts by me" option is set to "only friends" or "everyone" or whatever option you want, as long as it's not disabled.

If this doesn't work, then I'm not sure Confused .
Good luck!
ecosystem
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Tue May 11, 2010 1:20 am

Please do not post multiple topics of the same problem. Topics merged and moved.

Hi tinawinsor,

How do you know your friends cannot see it on their News Feed? Are they using the 'Top news' or 'Live Feed'?
Does this happen with all your friends or just some?

Last edited by funnytim on Sat May 15, 2010 1:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by tinawinsor Tue May 11, 2010 11:09 am

Tried those and they still don't work... oh well... I know my friends can't see it because... my husband can't see it and my mom can't see it either(she's elderly and I have her password to do work on her account) so I checked that way.

Thanks Tim for everything and for merging the 2... wasn't sure where to post my problem.
tinawinsor
tinawinsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Sat May 15, 2010 1:50 am

tinawinsor wrote:Tried those and they still don't work... oh well... I know my friends can't see it because... my husband can't see it and my mom can't see it either(she's elderly and I have her password to do work on her account) so I checked that way.
I see. Try ecosystem's suggestions, but set the privacy to 'everyone' and see if it shows up.

In addition, are you using the Live Feed or the Top News to check? How many friends do the test accounts have?
Sometimes, the facebook system may not publish each and everyone's status, so if the test accounts (ie your husband and mom's) have a lot of friends on it, it may not publish your status update each time.

This may be obvious, but I'll ask it anyway..The test accounts are friended with each other right?

tinawinsor wrote:
Thanks Tim for everything and for merging the 2... wasn't sure where to post my problem.
No problem. In order to avoid confusion and increase efficiency though, next time kindly just post in the section you think is best suited, and one of the staff will move it if necessary.

Best,
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sun May 23, 2010 2:04 pm

There has been no recent feedback so I am

Locking this and Moving it to Solved section
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down