Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recent Activity Missing

2 posters

Go down

Recent Activity Missing Empty Recent Activity Missing

Post by lydiaibbotson Mon May 24, 2010 4:37 pm

The recent activity on my, and all my friends', wall only shows comments, new-friends and groups. However all my friends say their facebook shows status comments and likes and wall-post comments. I don't know why mine does not show this? It defffinatley used to. Anybody know how i can get it back? Thanks.
lydiaibbotson
lydiaibbotson

Back to top Go down

Recent Activity Missing Empty Re: Recent Activity Missing

Post by Admin Mon May 24, 2010 6:14 pm

Are you sure it doesn't say "Show/Hide Feedback" below each activity or status? If the problem is that you cannot see your friend's comments to your statuses. Is that the problem? If not, mind explaning what's wrong again? Thanks Wink
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by lydiaibbotson Mon May 24, 2010 6:21 pm

No thats deffinately not the problem. The problem is with the "recent activity" that shows up on mine, and everyone else's walls. When i went on my friends facebook account certain stories show up like "x commented on y's status" or "a likes b's wallpost." But when i logged in as me i only get stories that say "c commented on d's wall"
lydiaibbotson
lydiaibbotson

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon May 24, 2010 6:24 pm

Oh, by 'walls' you mean 'homepages', right? It ain't the same at all Happy

It may be because you have more friends than that friend, because Facebook automatically deletes those kind of information (because it's considered not important by those that have so much friends on Facebook; that's why on newbie's accounts those kind of activities do show up, but not on others).

How many friends do you have, and how many does your friend have?
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by lydiaibbotson Mon May 24, 2010 6:27 pm

No i do not mean homepages, i mean walls. I know they are not the same at all. The recent activity that appears on people's walls is what is not displaying.
lydiaibbotson
lydiaibbotson

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon May 24, 2010 6:34 pm

Oh, misunderstodd again (sorry Slap). In that case, since Facebook's last privacy update (on February), controlling recent activity that goes to your wall and friend's homepages isn't possible anymore. However, Facebook is updating them again so luckily it will be possible again.

And I think it shows on your Friend's walls because they have been on Facebook for shorter, or because they have less friends as well. How long have you and how long have them been on Facebook?

No feedback Locked and sent to Solved
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum