Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problem with Forum

3 posters

Go down

Problem with Forum Empty Re: Problem with Forum

Post by Guest Wed May 26, 2010 5:08 pm

I need Listener to contact me. I have been locked out of the forum and do not understand why.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Wed May 26, 2010 5:18 pm

Post split from other topic

As you have made a post on this forum ; which Forum are you locked out of?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 26, 2010 5:28 pm

Not sure what it's called. I posted a question about Suggestions to Friends, not understanding why it wasn't working the way I expected, and immediately I began to get snarky comments from a moderator called Ruby. She scolded me like a toddler for not putting a reply in the right place. Since I didn't understand there was more than one way to do it (and figured it was up to the forum to make it obvious, not to yell at me), I said I didn't know what it was or why it mattered. So, Ruby sent me a nasty message saying I was "warned" and that I should reply to "explain my behaviour" but it wouldn't let me reply in any way. She's not my mother, or my high-school principal, and her manner of dealing with people reflects badly on Facebook and the forum. I expect to receive an apology and an invitation to participate in the forum.

Back to top Go down

Post by JayJay Wed May 26, 2010 5:36 pm

You could not reply to the PM because you don't have enough posts.

Could you explain what all happened I think ruby may have misunderstood the situation.
JayJay
JayJay
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed May 26, 2010 6:04 pm

Why do you need to contact me? According to Ruby, in which I trust in very much, you were misrespecting the Posting Rules even though you were advised not to, am I right?

26/5/10;poster has abused staff colour and sought to impersonate a staff Member on a Post edit ; Warning bar lowered;PM sent Ruby;

I'd like the link to your topic, and to know what you mean by 'I have been locked'

Regards,
The Listener
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Wed May 26, 2010 6:32 pm

@The Listener; the thread in question is in the Staff Section and 'under review'.....

As on any forum where staff are checking that posts are in the correct place and that forum etiquette is maintained , occasionally staff ( even Admins ) make mistakes or misinterepret the content of a post .

If an error in Moderation judgement has been made then of course an appology will be forthcoming ; but I do not understand the comment that the poster says they are ??locked out of the forum?

As a gesture of 'peace-keeping' and 'good- will ' I am restoring the Warning Bar to its original position
but I would like to know in what way the poster believes they are locked out of the forum ?

Your original thread can be found >>Here<<
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 26, 2010 7:08 pm

Listener: I don't think I was misrespecting anything. I described what happened above. What kind of forum doesn't let you answer a question because you don't have enough posts, when you just joined? And why would Ruby demand a reply from me in a situation where I am not allowed to answer? Hope you won't think it misrespecting anyone to say I've never encountered anything like this in my life. I just needed some answers and Ruby immediately disrespected (which is the real word) me. I thought this was a place to get help, and to discuss, not for getting yelled at for answering in the "wrong" place when you didn't know it was possible in the first place. If the moderator only wants you to answer one way, then there should be only that way. Here's the original stream: http://www.thefacebookforum.net/friend-and-requests-support-f85/suggesting-to-friends-t5143.htm#34737

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed May 26, 2010 7:13 pm

Okay, this has just been a huge misunderstanding. Ruby thought you have edited your message adding a Moderator note on it, pretending to be her. She's probably wrong (I still think so) so there was no reason of locking your topic and/or warning you.

Apologizes on behalf of the Staff: please do understand sometimes we make mistakes. Your warning has been removed and your topic is back on place, and hopefully will be solved soon.

And about the PM rights, you first need 15 posts on the forum to send a Private Message (PM) to someone (this is a regulation to avoid spammers spam members via PM's Wink)

Hope this is solved by now, and again, apologizes for our misunderstanding Wink

Cordially,
The Listener
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 26, 2010 7:14 pm

Thanks.

Life is too short to hold resentment or grudges towards others , so I will utilize my Mod abilities to edit this to give you several hug hug hug

Last edited by Ruby on Wed May 26, 2010 7:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : huge hugs given)

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed May 26, 2010 7:18 pm

Anytime, glad it's solved Wink

=> Locked
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down