Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to post as a Fan page

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

How to post as a Fan page Empty How to post as a Fan page

Post by aimee Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:37 pm

I would like to post on the Wall of the Arkansas State Parks page:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

as the Friends of Devil's Den page:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]...

I'm afraid if I just start typing in the "What's on Your Mind?" window on their wall that when I click on "Share", it will post as being from Aimee...

Any suggestions on how to do this..???

P.S. They have posted on our page as State Parks of Arkansas, so I know it can be done...

Thanks for all the help... Sorry I have so many questions (hence my "mood")...

Aimee

Last edited by funnytim on Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:16 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Removed Bold Text. Topic title slightly edited to better reflect question)
aimee
aimee
Regular

Back to top Go down

How to post as a Fan page Empty Re: How to post as a Fan page

Post by aimee Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:25 pm

Okay... Further study shows that [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]posted to their page BUT they show our site as one of their "Favorite Pages" so that is how we got their post [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]... Sooooooo... how do I make their page a "Favorite" of our page..???

Thanks...
Aimee
aimee
aimee
Regular

Back to top Go down

How to post as a Fan page Empty I found the answer...

Post by aimee Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:43 pm

..and it really WAS easy... [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Now how do I show that this question has been solved... I have tried deleting it under the "Edit/Delete This Post" button, but it only allows me to edit it...

Thanks...
Aimee
aimee
aimee
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:14 pm

Hi Aimee,

Thanks for informing us that you have found the answer. I would also like to point out that, on the link you provided re your page's post on april 7 by 'The State Park of Arkansas Page' , their post appeared on your fan page's wall because they tagged your page in one of their updates.

If you type in their "What's on Your Mind?" box on their fan page, it may appear as a post from your personal profile instead.

aimee wrote:
Sorry I have so many questions (hence my "mood")...
As as many questions as you would like..After all, that is what this forum was created for Happy
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by aimee Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:51 pm

Okay...next question then... How do I "tag a picture" in an update... I don't believe my page has anything about updates... Only events...

Thanks...
Aimee
aimee
aimee
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by aimee Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:06 pm

I just happened accross "Updates"... I went to my Home page, clicked on "Ads and Pages" on the far left, and on the right it has a section called "Promote Your Page"... There were 4 things listed there and one of them said "See all updates (2)"... When I click on this it shows that I made an update on October 29, 2009 and April 9, 2010... I know I put those on there but what made them an Update rather than a regular, old post on the wall...

Anyways, it says "+ Compose an Update" up to the right... When I click on it, it goes to page for composing an update, but when I click "Target this Update" it only gives me the choices of country, state, city, sex, and age"... No mention of pages or tags... "Edit" gives me the same choices... Where do I go from here..???

Thanks again...
Aimee
aimee
aimee
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by aimee Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:44 am

I found a reference to tagging and tried it... I was able to post our page to the State Parks of Arkansas's page,

using the @ symbol in front of the message, but the posting shows the two pages that were tagged... How do I avoid that..???

Thanks for all your help...
Aimee
aimee
aimee
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:30 am

aimee wrote:Okay...next question then... How do I "tag a picture" in an update... I don't believe my page has anything about updates... Only events...

Thanks...
Aimee
What do you mean 'tag a picture in an update'? If you mean tagging other people in a picture, you should be able to do that when you edit the picture.

aimee wrote:I just happened accross "Updates"... I went to my Home page, clicked on "Ads and Pages" on the far left, and on the right it has a section called "Promote Your Page"... There were 4 things listed there and one of them said "See all updates (2)"... When I click on this it shows that I made an update on October 29, 2009 and April 9, 2010... I know I put those on there but what made them an Update rather than a regular, old post on the wall...

Anyways, it says "+ Compose an Update" up to the right... When I click on it, it goes to page for composing an update, but when I click "Target this Update" it only gives me the choices of country, state, city, sex, and age"... No mention of pages or tags... "Edit" gives me the same choices... Where do I go from here..???

Thanks again...
Aimee
I'm not quite sure what exactly you're trying to do, could you kindly elborate on your purpose? Thanks.
If you mean it doesn't let you select the page to promote, it should be able to automatically refer to it if you clicked on the 'promote page' link associated with the page.

aimee wrote:I found a reference to tagging and tried it... I was able to post our page to the State Parks of Arkansas's page,

using the @ symbol in front of the message, but the posting shows the two pages that were tagged... How do I avoid that..???

Thanks for all your help...
Aimee
Unfortunately, I don't think there is any way around that. (ie. it has to display all pages that were tagged on each page's wall).
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

How to post as a Fan page Empty Tagging updates...

Post by aimee Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:56 am

I don't know why I referred to tagging pictures... I was trying to find a way to tag updates as you suggested...
on the link you provided re your page's post on april 7 by 'The State Park of Arkansas Page' , their post appeared on your fan page's wall because they tagged your page in one of their updates.

I started searching Facebook's Help Center for the terms "tag" and "update" and found that I needed to insert an @ symbol in front of the name of the page I wanted to post to... I did that from our Wall and you can see the result [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] which did go through to the two pages tagged but with the tags showing... When The State Parks of Arkansas posted out our page on April 7th (see quote above) the tag did not show...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Iron Mike, dedicated to the CCC workers who built the park. It was dedicated in 2002. You need to get back to the park! Happy

April 7 at 10:31am · · [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

and another page posted too on April 9th without leaving a tag...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Today there is an article on arkansasbusiness.com stating that Devil's Den is closed indefiniteley. Not so! The caves will be closed soon because of white nose syndrome fungus. The park remains OPEN!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] · Comment ·LikeUnlike · View Feedback (1)Hide Feedback (1) · [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Hey, thank you...!!! We sure don't want THAT rumor to get around...

April 9 at 2:58pm ·

I am just trying to figure out how they did it... Maybe it is because I posted from the Wall of our Page..??? Should I go to the Compose an Update window and try entering "@ The State Parks of Arkansas" there..??? ...or maybe put the @ tag in the subject window for the update... I just don't know how they did it...

Thanks agaiin... Sorry about confusing things with the reference to photos... I guess I was just tired... Thanks for your help...

Aimee
aimee
aimee
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:46 pm

aimee wrote:I don't know why I referred to tagging pictures... I was trying to find a way to tag updates as you suggested...
haha I see, ya they can get confusing Tongue

aimee wrote:
I started searching Facebook's Help Center for the terms "tag" and "update" and found that I needed to insert an @ symbol in front of the name of the page I wanted to post to... I did that from our Wall and you can see the result [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] which did go through to the two pages tagged but with the tags showing... When The State Parks of Arkansas posted out our page on April 7th (see quote above) the tag did not show...
Do you mean the below post?

That post is actually tagged (your page and another page), through an update on their page. If you go on their page and go all the way back to April 7 , you'll see that they had an update exactly the same as that one on your page (ie. it was posted on their page and they tagged your page).

aimee wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Iron Mike, dedicated to the CCC workers who built the park. It was dedicated in 2002. You need to get back to the park! Happy

April 7 at 10:31am · · [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

and another page posted too on April 9th without leaving a tag...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Today there is an article on arkansasbusiness.com stating that Devil's Den is closed indefiniteley. Not so! The caves will be closed soon because of white nose syndrome fungus. The park remains OPEN!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] · Comment ·LikeUnlike · View Feedback (1)Hide Feedback (1) · [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I understand why you're asking those two above are able to post without tagging your page:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Those 3 above are not a page, they are actually a profile (instead of others being able to 'like' it, they have to add them as a friend). Essentially that is supposed to be another 'person', so they can post as their name on virtually anything. As far as I'm aware, this is in violation of Facebook's Terms of Service, so if reported those profiles could be taken down.

aimee wrote:
I am just trying to figure out how they did it... Maybe it is because I posted from the Wall of our Page..??? Should I go to the Compose an Update window and try entering "@ The State Parks of Arkansas" there..??? ...or maybe put the @ tag in the subject window for the update... I just don't know how they did it...

I think you have to post on your page's wall, and tag the other page, for it to show up on the other page as your page's post. If you post on the other page's wall directly it should appear as your personal profile (ie. as aimee). However you could try it anyway and see if it works, I may be mistaken.
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

How to post as a Fan page Empty Update as opposed to Wall...

Post by aimee Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:09 pm

What about posting on the "Update" as opposed to the "Wall"... Would that be different..???

Thanks...
aimee
aimee
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by aimee Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:19 pm

Okay, Tim, thanks... I will just try various things and may post back here if I figure out how it is being done...

Thanks again..!!!

Aimee
aimee
aimee
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:53 am

aimee wrote:What about posting on the "Update" as opposed to the "Wall"... Would that be different..???

Thanks...

On another fan page?
It's pretty much just the same thing, ie. The box that says 'Write something'. When you write in there, it will show up on the fan page's wall.

aimee wrote:Okay, Tim, thanks... I will just try various things and may post back here if I figure out how it is being done...

Thanks again..!!!

Aimee
No problem, glad to help. Have you managed to get a firmer grasp on things?
Happy
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

How to post as a Fan page Empty More confusion...

Post by aimee Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:44 am

Is there a difference between writing on your Fan Page Wall and writing an Update..??? (I got to updates by clicking on Ads and Pages on the far left side of my personal home page, clicking on See All Updates on the right side of the Ads Manager page [have no idea what this page is called], and then clicking on Compose an Update)...

Thanks again...
Aimee
aimee
aimee
Regular

Back to top Go down

How to post as a Fan page Empty Update not showing up...???

Post by aimee Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:27 am

The weirdest thing just happened... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I posted a new "Update" (see location in post above) and it did not go anywhere... It is not on our Fan Page Wall, on my News Page, nor on my Profile Page... What can this mean..???? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Aimee
aimee
aimee
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:32 pm

aimee wrote:Is there a difference between writing on your Fan Page Wall and writing an Update..??? (I got to updates by clicking on Ads and Pages on the far left side of my personal home page, clicking on See All Updates on the right side of the Ads Manager page [have no idea what this page is called], and then clicking on Compose an Update)...

Thanks again...
Aimee

I believe the update on the 'Ads and Page' is different than posting on your Fan Page Wall. When you post on your Fan Page Wall, the stuff you wrote will appear on your Fan Page's wall.

I don't see the 'See All Updates' link on the Ads Manage page, could you kindly provide a screenshot of that?
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by aimee Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:39 am

How do I do a screen shot..???

Thanks...
Aimee
aimee
aimee
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:23 am

Please see [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] on how to take a screenshot. Happy
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by aimee Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:56 pm

Here is the screenshot showing the "See all updates" link... Thanks...

aimee
aimee
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:47 am

Interestingly, I don't get that link on the facebook pages I admin. What shows up when you click on the 'See all updates' link?
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by aimee Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:00 pm

You can see the two posts that I made as an "Update" but neither one appeared anywhere... Below this I will show you the screen shot of the page to "Compose an Update"...

Here is the screen that shows to create an "Update"...

Thanks for your help with this... I can always use the Wall of my page, but I need to post on another pages Wall without the "tags" showing...

Thanks again...
Aimee
aimee
aimee
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:15 am

Hm, It looks like the 'Send an update' option as above is for sending the updates directly to all fan's inboxes, while posting on the wall just posts the content to the fan page's wall.
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by aimee Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:33 am

I don't think that is it... I checked with my son who is a "fan" of the FoDD page... He did not get either of the two updates in any form at all...

Back to the drawing table, eh..????

Thanks...
Aimee
aimee
aimee
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:52 am

Hm, interesting. I was sure that was the function of the 'Compose an update' page (although on my pages it says 'Send an update to Fans').

aimee wrote:Back to the drawing table, eh..????
haha, ya. Let's see if anyone else has any other ideas, and I'll also try to dig up some more stuff Happy
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by aimee Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:49 am

Thanks... I really appreciate it... I seem to have more questions about Facebook than answers...

Still would like to be able to post on a Fan page with my Fan page without the "tags" showing... It kind of reminds me of buying a dress and forgetting to cut the tag off of it... How embarassing..!!!

Aimee
aimee
aimee
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum