Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Privacy Settings Aren't Sticking ...

3 posters

Go down

Privacy Settings Aren't Sticking ... Empty Privacy Settings Aren't Sticking ...

Post by lagringadiablita Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:26 pm

I've changed settings & even blocked friends are able to read my wall posts thru their NewsFeed. What to do to CHANGE this & make blocked people unable to view my posts???

I blocked my mother to find out if she'd be able to login and see any of my postings and they're ALL still listed in her newsfeed AFTER she's been blocked by me. I've tried to create lists of blocked people about 50 times now and even though in my settings it tells me that "ONLY FRIENDS" can view my posts "EXCEPT FOR .... (so-&-so's-name) ... a blocked person on my list is able to see my postings still through the NewsFeed.

After you block someone, does it only block them from future postings? I would think it would just block all postings, past, present, future, etc... but maybe not?????

And 1 more question...

How do you block people from seeing postings listed under your 'Links' tab .. i.e., videos you've posted to your wall, etc.?
lagringadiablita
lagringadiablita
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Privacy Settings Aren't Sticking ... Empty Re: Privacy Settings Aren't Sticking ...

Post by Tim Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:39 pm

Hi lagringadiablita,

When you block someone, you are no longer friends with them. They should not be able to see your profile at all either.

Have you tried clearing your browser's cache and cookies?

lagringadiablita wrote:And 1 more question...
How do you block people from seeing postings listed under your 'Links' tab .. i.e., videos you've posted to your wall, etc.?
You can select your privacy settings from the following link:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Privacy Settings Aren't Sticking ... Empty Re: Privacy Settings Aren't Sticking ...

Post by lagringadiablita Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:45 pm

Hi FunnyTim,

Thank you for your reply. Maybe I worded my question incorrectly ...

What I've done is within the 'Privacy Settings', I've selected that 'Only Friends' can view my wall postings 'Except For' (this option is located in the drop-down menu) specific people within my friends list. So they're not entirely blocked from my account ... they're just blocked from being able to view certain aspects of my account.

Yes I have cleard my cache several times! Thanks again so much for your reply! (:
lagringadiablita
lagringadiablita
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:56 pm

Oh, I see. So you restricted them from being able to see the content, yet they are still able to see it?

If the restricted account tries to go to your own profile page, do the posts that aren't supposed to appear still appear there?
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by lagringadiablita Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:58 pm

Q :: So you restricted them from being able to see the content, yet they are still able to see it?

A :: Yes, exactly! (:

Q :: If the restricted account tries to go to your own profile page, do the posts that aren't supposed to appear still appear there?

A :: No, the content is only showing through the NewsFeeds. The fb user cannot click on and view my wall content.

Thanks again! (:
lagringadiablita
lagringadiablita
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:56 am

lagringadiablita wrote:
Q :: If the restricted account tries to go to your own profile page, do the posts that aren't supposed to appear still appear there?

A :: No, the content is only showing through the NewsFeeds. The fb user cannot click on and view my wall content.

So, my understanding so far is, you restrict someone from being able to see certain posts, but previous posts are still showing up on the newsfeed even though they cannot view them on your profile page.

Do newer posts (ie. 'action/stuff' that you do after you set the restriction settings) appear on the restricted friend's newsfeed after you block them from being able to see it?
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:44 pm

Please let us know within 3 days if this is still a problem

If no reply is received this thread will be Locked and Moved to Solved without further notification;thanks
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum