Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home Page Top News/Most Recent/3 Picture Boxes at top

4 posters

Go down

Home Page Top News/Most Recent/3 Picture Boxes at top Empty Home Page Top News/Most Recent/3 Picture Boxes at top

Post by palmierj Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:53 pm

Confused On my Home Page, my Top News & Most Recent has disappeared. In addition, I have 3 boxes with pictures stuck at the top of the page and can't remove them. Anyone have any ideas on what's going on or how I can remedy this circumstance. Many other Facebook participants have the same issue.
palmierj
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Home Page Top News/Most Recent/3 Picture Boxes at top Empty Re: Home Page Top News/Most Recent/3 Picture Boxes at top

Post by Admin Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:57 pm

Wrong section buddy.

=> Moved

Can you please take a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] of your issue?
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Home Page Top News/Most Recent/3 Picture Boxes at top Empty Sorry for posting in the wrong section

Post by palmierj Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:02 pm

I am not familiar with taking screen shots & prefer not to do that. Many other Facebook participants are experiencing the same thing. If you check the Facebook Help Center, Home Page and News Feed › Home page: News Feed and Stream, you will see what I am talking about.
palmierj
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Home Page Top News/Most Recent/3 Picture Boxes at top Empty Re: Home Page Top News/Most Recent/3 Picture Boxes at top

Post by Admin Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:12 pm

Believe me, an image is worth more than a thousand words. Please [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], you may censor the parts you don't feel comfortable with sharing if you wish to Wink
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by palmierj Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:16 pm

Thanks but I'll pass on the screenshot.
palmierj
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:19 pm

I can't help you then. Good luck with your issue, hopefully someone else will do better than me Wink
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:34 pm

Hi Zia Dollface and palmierj,

Other facebook users have also reported this problem. Please submit this bug report to facebook using the following link.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Home Page Top News/Most Recent/3 Picture Boxes at top Empty Missing Top News/Most Recent & 3 large photos at top

Post by palmierj Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:58 pm

The answer to my initial question is contained within the link below, & as summarized below (not my summary, taken from Insidefacebook.com)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Facebook News Feed Design Test Places Large Popular Photos on Top For Some UsersJune 22nd, 2010
By Josh Constine 18 Comments » Share

Facebook is testing a new design of the news feed that displays 3 popular photos above the stream of friend and page updates, as some users are spotting. These photos are sized much larger than any others on the home page and are accompanied by their album title, caption, author, and tallies of engagement.

The feature change offers enhanced visibility to popular content on a user’s network.

The design change “is simply to help [users with few friends] discover interesting content and create an instantly valuable experience for them,” the company tells Business Insider. People who see the new popular photos new feed don’t have the option to change between top news and most recent modes — the removal of the different modes makes sense for those with few friends because their wouldn’t be enough content to make the two distinct.

Like the new Photo Memories sidebar panel, popular photos puts less emphasis on newness, which defines the order in which most current content is displayed on Facebook. By instead using the like and comments tallies as indicators of quality, it places the most interesting photos in a big and prominent location to create a more instantly gratifying home page.

palmierj
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:14 pm

Please let us know within 3 days if this is still a problem

If no reply is received this thread will be Locked and Moved to Solved without further notification;thanks

Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Home Page Top News/Most Recent/3 Picture Boxes at top Empty Facebook News Feed Design Test Places Large Popular Photos on Top For Some

Post by palmierj Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:49 pm

Actually, it's not a problem for me any longer as I am living with it, & able to function effectively within Facebook.
palmierj
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:51 pm

Thanks

I will mark it as kinda solved then

Moved to solved section

But do start a fresh thread if you cannot put up with it and need to seek help with it again
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down