Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My facebook account got disabled. Need help.

3 posters

Go down

My facebook account got disabled. Need help. Empty My facebook account got disabled. Need help.

Post by Ironic Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:07 pm

I have created profile on Facebook.com, couple of years ago. During that time I have never experienced any problems, nor I have caused any. I use my facebook profile to keep in touch with friends from high school, family, and people I meet on my travels. I rarely send inbox messages to anybody, and I rarely send friend requests to strangers. Also, I rarely write on other people's walls, group walls, or page walls. I don't like spamming or being spammed, as well as I don't like harassing or being harassed.

Few days ago, when I tried to log in onto my Facebook profile, I got message that my "Facebook account was disabled". I checked my email account, and there was no any received emails from Facebook. That seemed weird to me, but then I remembered that yesterday I may have saved my password on a public pc at University, and that somebody from there may have logged onto my Facebook profile, and misuse it, or that my Facebook profile might be hacked.

I don't know what has happened, and what is the nature of misuse, but I promise I am a decent person who uses facebook only to communicate with friends.

What did I do so far:
1. I have sent few emails to: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] explaining my situation, and politely asking them to re-enable my facebook account if possible. I got only one auto replay.
2. I have filled this form: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and found out that my profile is temporarily suspended.
I have to go through 7 steps to verify that I am owner of account in order to regain access over my Facebook account.
Everything is fine with steps 1 and two, but on step 3 when I click "send security code", I get an error message "AN error occurred while sending the message".
I made sure that notification+vordzee@facebookmail.com nor any @facebook.com address isn't on my hotmail block list, but still, I am not getting any emails, and I am stuck with my situation.

I use NOD32 antivirus software, which I am sure has nothing to do with this problem.

Can you please tell me what to do? I am desperate without my Facebook profile.

Thanks very much.

Last edited by Ironic on Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Ironic
Ironic
Rookie

Back to top Go down

My facebook account got disabled. Need help. Empty Re: My facebook account got disabled. Need help.

Post by Tim Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:11 am

Hi Ironic,

Try waiting a few days before attempting to verify your account again (it may just be a temporary technical problem). If the problem still persists, let us know and we can try figure it out from there Happy
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

My facebook account got disabled. Need help. Empty Re: My facebook account got disabled. Need help.

Post by Ruby Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:35 pm

That seemed weird to me, but then I remembered that yesterday I may have saved my password on a public pc at University, and that somebody from there may have logged onto my Facebook profile, and misuse it, or that my Facebook profile might be hacked.

I hope that anyone reading this will appreiciate the importance of NEVER 'saving' any password on any shared computer

that said
can you please try

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

using a private computer
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironic Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:19 am

Hey,

I've waited for several days, I even tried to send message on step 3 from two others pc, and nothing, the problem still persists.
Any thoughts? Duhhh
Ironic
Ironic
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:29 am

As you did use a Public computer...do you, on your private computer, still have access to the email address you use for Facebook ?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironic Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:19 pm

As I already said, yes, I still have access over my email that I use for Facebook.
Ironic
Ironic
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:29 pm

Ironic wrote:As I already said, yes, I still have access over my email that I use for Facebook.

Can you send and receive normal emails with that address?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironic Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:29 pm

Ruby wrote:
Can you send and receive normal emails with that address?

Yes I can.
Everything is perfectly normal with my email address.
Ironic
Ironic
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:45 pm

Then go with this

but make sure you read this

Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironic Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:59 pm

Ruby wrote:Then go with this

but make sure you read this

It is impossible to reset my password through link [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] . I get message "Your account has been disabled. If you have any questions or concerns, you can visit our FAQ page here."

If you have carefully read my 1st post, I don't have any @facebook.com addresses blocked on my hotmail.
Ironic
Ironic
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:28 pm

I am going to suggest you try this

Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironic Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:50 am

I might have better idea...
Since in this forum we have lots of threads related to the subject of temporarily deactivated and not being able to activate these accounts because of 7 steps, why don't we together write them an email, and explain that this isn't just problem of myself, or some other guy, but the problem of many facebook users who can't reactivate their accounts because of the step 3.
Ironic
Ironic
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:06 am

Ironic wrote:I might have better idea...
Since in this forum we have lots of threads related to the subject of temporarily deactivated and not being able to activate these accounts because of 7 steps, why don't we together write them an email, and explain that this isn't just problem of myself, or some other guy, but the problem of many facebook users who can't reactivate their accounts because of the step 3.

You ,as an individual ,are quite welcome to send them an email on any topic

However, it is of concern that you are not able to log into Facebook for whatever reason and it is really a need to find that specific reason for your being locked out

Each of you in this section I suspect has their own reasons why you have problems

Have you recently run full computer scans to check for infections and with what tools did you do it?

Do you do any P2P work on that machine ??

This I think is where your problem may stem from

Few days ago, when I tried to log in onto my Facebook profile, I got message that my "Facebook account was disabled". I checked my email account, and there was no any received emails from Facebook. That seemed weird to me, but then I remembered that yesterday I may have saved my password on a public pc at University, and that somebody from there may have logged onto my Facebook profile, and misuse it, or that my Facebook profile might be hacked.

you did what you should not do on any public shared computer

we need to asssume your account is hacked and proceed accordingly
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:33 am

I am aware of my double -post

Have you checked this

Bearing in mind that someone may have accessed your Facebook Account and changed any detaill they chose

There are two indications that your login email address has been removed by another person:
Your profile is still visible on the site when you search for it and there is a different login email address listed under Contact Info.
You received an error message when logging in with the correct login email reading: "The email entered does not belong to any account." (You will also receive this error message if you have made a spelling error. Please be sure to check the spelling of your login.)
To solve this issue on your own, please look for an email at your login email address with the subject "Facebook Contact Email Change Notification" and follow the instructions to cancel the email change.

Are you able to find your Wall or detail by searching for yourself using the known email address associated with Facebook or the name on the Facebook Profile?

My question begins to be, if Facebook is that 'concerned ' and has suspended the account , how much has the Hacker ( really 'invited guest') stolen of your identity .......( and with respect your actions on a public computer may have let them easily do that...)
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:34 am

AS there has been no feedback to the questions asked,

it is assumed this problem is now resolved;

If your problem persists please start a fresh thread thanks

Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum