Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Want to send event invites from group page and not personal page

3 posters

Go down

Want to send event invites from group page and not personal page Empty Want to send event invites from group page and not personal page

Post by cchalmers929 Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:23 pm

I am having the same problem with my business' page. Do you know when or if this problem will be fixed?

Last edited by Ruby on Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Thread title changed to try to reflect needs of poster)
cchalmers929
cchalmers929

Back to top Go down

Want to send event invites from group page and not personal page Empty Re: Want to send event invites from group page and not personal page

Post by Ruby Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:06 pm

Post split from other topic for individual attention

Can you please tell us what you are trying to do so we can give your thread an appropriate title and the right kind of support thanks-Ruby.Moderator
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Want to send event invites from group page and not personal page Empty Re: Want to send event invites from group page and not personal page

Post by cchalmers929 Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:13 pm

Sorry, Ruby. Here's my problem--we are having a big sale at my store, and I am trying to use events to publicize it. Other businesses have done this in the past, and it seemed to be quite effective for them. Unfortunately, when I try to put the event together, it will only let me invite friends from my personal page rather than from the group page, of which I am an admin. Is there a way to send the event to the members?
cchalmers929
cchalmers929

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:25 pm

Hi cchalmers,

Are you using a fan page or a group page?

At this time it is not possible to invite fans of a business fan page to a event by sending them an invitation. You will have to post the event onto your fan page's wall for others to see it.

It is possible, however, to do so if you are maintaining a group. For a group, please follow the below directions:
When viewing the profile of a group that you administer, you should see a link to "Create Related Event" below the group picture. This will lead you to the event creation page and will also set your group as the host of the event. Check the box at the bottom of the Invite Guests tab to invite members of the host group before clicking "Send Invitations." Please note that this option is not available for groups that have over 5,000 members.
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:59 pm

There has been no feedback on this thread for many days so thread is assumed solved and moved
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down