Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Facebook account got hacked, original email was changed, no response from facebook

3 posters

Go down

Facebook account got hacked, original email was changed, no response from facebook Empty Facebook account got hacked, original email was changed, no response from facebook

Post by Mantrastic Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:03 am

Hey guys,
so like a week ago my facebook got hacked, the original email was changed, so is my username.
I been trying to get help from facebook support with no luck...
I used the help tool on the facebook help center,
I emailed every address I found, info, privacy, abuse and so on... nothing but automatic messages, and sometimes not even that.

I wrote down in the mail very specific information, what was the original mail and username, etc.
I mailed from the mail I registered with and used to login with.

I'm so disappointed from FB support, I mean okay, it's a free service, but still what if this hacker try to scam me?

PS. I'm willing to pay them for the recovery....

What do I do now?, I even have clients on my FB... Sad
Mantrastic
Mantrastic
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Facebook account got hacked, original email was changed, no response from facebook Empty Re: Facebook account got hacked, original email was changed, no response from facebook

Post by Ruby Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:13 am

Welcome to this forum happy

Please try this
My account has been hacked and my login email address has been changed

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Note the questions they ask and the options given for you......
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Facebook account got hacked, original email was changed, no response from facebook Empty Re: Facebook account got hacked, original email was changed, no response from facebook

Post by Mantrastic Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:15 am

Hi thanks, but I tried this already, few times actually, I wrote right info for 100%.
no response.
Mantrastic
Mantrastic
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:38 am

At the risk of......I am going to ask you

How ( if at all ) is your computer protected?

Also do you know how the Facebook Account got hacked?

Did you leave yourself logged in somewhere,use a shared computer, allow someone else to use your computer.....
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mantrastic Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:40 am

My computer is protected with NOD32 4
Windows Built-In Firewall
Router Firewall,
and I also use Microsoft Security Essentials

I have no idea how, if I knew I would do something about it.
the username seems like some arab, so I suspect it's only because I'm from Israel...
I dont log in anywhere else but my computer and iPod
Mantrastic
Mantrastic
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:51 am

Mantrastic wrote:My computer is protected with NOD32 4
Windows Built-In Firewall
Router Firewall,
and I also use Microsoft Security Essentials

I have no idea how, if I knew I would do something about it.
the username seems like some arab, so I suspect it's only because I'm from Israel...
I dont log in anywhere else but my computer and iPod

On that basis I think you will find you have two antivirus programs on that computer

Plus, within the Router itself does it have any antivirus properties?

Can you confirm that you have both Nod and Microsoft Security Essentials installed on the computer

If so you may wish to consider removing one as within the Computing world it is considered bad practice to have more than one Resident Antirirus program installed on any computer

Also such Practice lends towards getting infected .......

Once you remove one and reboot the computer you may wish to fully update the remaining program and run a full computer scan for infectiions

I also assume you have System Restore enabled ( although you do not state your OS)????
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mantrastic Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:53 am

Thanks for all the help mate, but seriously I don't need help on viruses, my computer is clean I triple checked.

I need help how to get my account back, how to contact facebook, is there anyone on the other side ?
Mantrastic
Mantrastic
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:36 pm

When the original email address associated with Facebook was changed, did you get an email from Facebook about this as you should have done

Also, you will not acknowledge that you do have two antivirus programs on the computer which means you are open to get infections

What is your OS?

Other question is

do you know the URL of what was your Facebook page?

if so you could go to it and open the Wall and press the 'Report' tab'
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mantrastic Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:17 pm

No I did not get any email, that's what I'm wondering about....
I do not have 2 anti viruses any more, I meant I scanned with both of them, sorry wrote it wrong lol.

I'm on Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.

Yes I do know the URL, and I already reported it 30 secs after I got hacked, why no one replying back ?
Mantrastic
Mantrastic
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:04 pm

Hi Mantrastic,

I see you have already submitted a report using [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ?

If so, you will have to wait for facebook to response. Due to their large database, it may take them a few weeks to get back to you.
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:34 am

It would be helpful if you could run this scan for us to just double -check a few things; you may not have run it before and it will help to see if we need to do anything else .....

I note this program is compatible with Windows 7
Support for Windows 2000, XP, Vista, and 7 (32-bit and 64-bit).

Please download [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and save it to your desktop.[color=green]MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you.

]
[*]Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
[*]Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.

[*]When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
[*]When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:

• Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

[*]Then click Finish.
[/list]MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.

• If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.

On the Scanner tab:

• Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.
  • Then click on the Scan button.
  • If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
  • The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.
  • When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
  • Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.
Back at the main Scanner screen:

• Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.
  • The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
  • Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.
  • Exit MBAM when done.
Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.

Thanks
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:10 pm

So that Members know which topics still require assistance, would you please let us know within 3 days if this is still a problem

If no reply is received this thread will be Locked and Moved to Solved without further notification; thanks

Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum