Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Disabled account

3 posters

Go down

Disabled  account Empty Disabled account

Post by marcia richard Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:39 am

My Nephews account was disabled too and he sent a email about 5 days ago to FB and still has heard nothing. He did nothing wrong and also never received any warning from FB. FB did this to him a few months ago and he sent a email to them but they came back sooner then this time and said it was their error and put him back on. So wondering why it is taking them so long to fix this problem with people who have done nothing against FB rules but got disabled anyway.
marcia richard
marcia richard
Regular

Back to top Go down

Disabled  account Empty Re: Disabled account

Post by Ruby Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:45 am

Post split from other topic

Please do not post this new query on someone elses topic

Do you know why the account got disabled?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by marcia richard Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:10 am

No explaintion was giving my Nephew went to log in and got the message your account is disabled. I do check to make sure nothing is wrong with the account and he has done nothing to get disabled. He uses this to talk to his Aunt and Uncle in Florida and trying to connect with family in Canada.

Like I said they did this to him a few months ago and after he sent a Email they came back and said it was a FB error and had him do something to get his account back without losing anything. He has been checking his email account and still nothing from FB.
marcia richard
marcia richard
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:03 am

Has he tried to get any new Friends recently?

Has he tried to log into Facebook from a different location to usual?

Does he have access to and can he still send and receive emails from the email account associated with Facebook?

How does he view his emails..on the server or by an email client such as Outlook Express?
Has he opened the Email address and checked to see if there are any emails in the junk/spam filter?

Has he blocked any email addresses from Facebook as there are a variety that may need to be unblocked for him to get them ?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by marcia richard Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:56 pm

He requested two friends that I had and was waiting for them to reply and no he hasn't tried to log on FB from anywhere else and he receives his emails through
Yahoo.com Outlook. He doesn't go on everyday and the week before this happened everything was fine. It was only when alot of FB users were getting disabled and alot of them were 15 or older for as far as I can see for no reason. Did FB do another security check because they seem to have disabled accounts that were ok.
marcia richard
marcia richard
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Austin Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:06 pm

Im sure Facebook would send out some sort of reminder is it was going to do a security check or at least inform the user. I don't think they would just disable an account without notice.
Austin
Austin
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by marcia richard Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:14 pm

Well they did and now my Nephew can't even get a response from them to get his account available again. Is there anything you can do or even someone to contact about this. I'm sure he is not the only one who had this done too.
marcia richard
marcia richard
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:21 pm

What age is he and what age did he tell Facebook he is?

You say he gets emails though Yahoo.com Outlook

Do you mean he downloads mail from the Yahoo server to his Outllook Program?

If so has he yet tried to log into the Yahoo server to see if the mails are in the junk spam box on server?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by marcia richard Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:27 pm

He is 17 and the birthday he put is 4/25/1993 and yes he checked again today in his email and spam and still nothing. FB said it was put in a que??? but that was last weekend. I'm doing this for him because he wasn't sure what to do next. Maybe I put the wrong thing to you for his email it is through Yahoo Windows website.

So can you help us on this by contacting FB or is it for just here.

Mod edit
Do you want the email he uses to check further
marcia richard
marcia richard
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:45 pm

There may well be a queue at Facebook but we have no way of knowing this as we have no magical or special access to Facebook

You may just have to wait....
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by marcia richard Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:53 am

Should my Nephew try to send them another email let's say in a week if he still doesn't hear from them. They also mentioned he couldn't log on under another email account etc. to get into FB again. The other time it didn't take as long for them to reply so it must be they did this to alot of users.
marcia richard
marcia richard
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:57 pm

Have you yet heard anything from Facebook?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:01 am

There has been no response to this thread so it is Moved to Solved; Please start a fresh thread if you have problems with Facebook
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum