Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suggestion

3 posters

Go down

Suggestion Empty Suggestion

Post by xSiik Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:28 pm

When hiring staff, don't you think it is essential to get as much information as possible? I do realize that time management is a factor, but the fact that most of the questions for applying for Moderator were Yes or No questions. I feel that you can't really choose a user from those types of questions, especially since many users on here have the same qualities as each other. It may just be me, I don't know, what do you guys think?
xSiik
xSiik
Advanced TSNFer

Back to top Go down

Suggestion Empty Re: Suggestion

Post by Tim Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:29 pm

Hi xSiik,

You're right, more information would always help; however we'd like to respect the privacy of our members & I don't think we really need too much personal information that isn't in relation to a moderator position here at the forum anyway.

A big part of our decision is to see other members posts, how they respond to others, quality of their post, etc to determine whether we think they're suited for being a moderator. Of course we never know until one is hired and given a chance, but we should be able to take a probable estimate on whether they'll be able to do a good job or not by looking at their post history & attitude towards others.

We plan on short-listing the applicants and reviewing each one individually. The more posts one has the more accurate we can judge them. If there are multiple candidates the staff will then have to discuss what further action we should take. That may then involve collecting further information so we can determine their qualities.

Happy
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by xSiik Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:51 pm

I understand the whole aspect of privacy, but I am talking about the fact that there really isn't a way to differentiate people based on Yes and No answers. I am sure you will find the right applicant, I just think it would make the hiring more deserving to someone if the questions were more elusive.
xSiik
xSiik
Advanced TSNFer

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:29 am

I agree with Tim, we respect our member's privacy, that's why we didn't ask them so many questions.

Most of them aren't "Yes/No" questions, those are the questions of the information we really need: what games you play, what's your Facebook account and if you know anything about moderating.

What, in your opinions, should we also have asked them to answer?
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by xSiik Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:37 am

I would have them answer questions pertaining to moderation. I realize you will teach them how to moderate, but I think someone who has much experience with moderating, and who has the general idea would be best. Just a personal opinion Awesome Face
xSiik
xSiik
Advanced TSNFer

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:44 am

Good point, but look it this way. Someone can know lots about forums and moderation, but nothing about Facebook or doesn't even own a Facebook account. What we're definitely looking for this time is a Facebook passionate fan, an expert. It doesn't matter if they don't really how to manage a Forum, but it does matter that they play lots of Facebook Games or spend hours on Facebook.

Our goal is to get a Facebook Fan... believe me that's is way easier to know how to moderate this board than to manage a Facebook account. We can always teach those who want to apply but have no experience.

Thanks for the suggestion, by the way Happy Eyes
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by xSiik Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:47 am

Anytime Awesome Face

=> Locked

Last edited by The Listener on Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:50 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Locked, archived :))
xSiik
xSiik
Advanced TSNFer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down