Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Profile Info not shown

4 posters

Go down

Profile Info not shown Empty Profile Info not shown

Post by msanchez Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:33 pm

I can't see my own profile info under the Infos Tab. I've verified security options and even assigned visible for everyone without success. I can't upload an image here since I get message "exceeded user allowed storage." (I have none.)

Profile info URL is [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
msanchez
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Profile Info not shown Empty Re: Profile Info not shown

Post by Admin Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:06 pm

What do you mean? You cannot view your Wall or Info tab?
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by msanchez Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:27 pm

I can't see the info below the Info tab. I can see the tabs, and when I click on Wall, I can see all the information pertaining to the wall. Same with Photos. On the contrary, when I click on Info, I can see the upper pane with the tabs, the left pane with my picture and some of my profile info, the right pane with all the adds, but the middle remains blank. I made an image, but could not upload it here since I get an error. I put it on my pictures (please click on my photo to see the second one); link: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
msanchez
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:53 am

Hi msanchez,
Your profile's 'Info' section seems to load fine for me. How long has this problem been occuring for, and have you tried clearing your browser's cache?
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by msanchez Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:00 am

Yes, I've tried clearing cache and cookies using IE8 tool and CCleaner too. This started 3-4 days ago, as soon as I completed my profile. Before that, I could see it correctly.
msanchez
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:03 am

msanchez wrote:Yes, I've tried clearing cache and cookies using IE8 tool and CCleaner too. This started 3-4 days ago, as soon as I completed my profile. Before that, I could see it correctly.
By 'as soon as I completed my profile', do you mean this problem started occuring after you put in some information on your profile? What info did you fill in?

Also, can you view your profile info if you are logged out of Facebook?
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by msanchez Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:23 am

I typed in most of what's in my profile: work and academic experience, city, birth date, and everything. I think I just had my current city in it and my e-mail before that.

I can't see anybodies' profile info when logged out of Facebook.

I don't know if this helps, but I have logged in with my wife's account and I can see her complete profile, no problem at all, but I can't see my profile from her account. Then I logged out again and logged in as me, and I still can't see my own profile info, but I can see my wife's. This might discard something like my software and configuration.
msanchez
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:06 am

And just to make sure, on your [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] settings you have it set so that everyone can see your info?
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by msanchez Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:29 am

Right now I have it set so that all my friends can see it. I have tried using Everyone but I got the same result, so I turned it back to Friends only.
msanchez
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by msanchez Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:53 am

Have I expressed myself incorrectly? I meant I changed privacy configuration back to "Friends only", since "Everyone" did not help. But I still can't see my Profile Info.
msanchez
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:14 am

Yup what you said was perfect; I was just thinking of whether there's anything else we hadn't looked at. Happy

Having said that, I can't think of anything else that could be causing the problem on your end, especially since you've tested it out with your wife's account. This is therefore probably a problem with Facebook's end, and I suggest you submit a bug report to them via the following link. Be sure you let them know it's only the 'Info' tab that's not loading, and that you submit it from your account.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by msanchez Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:21 am

Thanks a lot, Tim. Appreciate your time and effort!
msanchez
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:17 am

I guess Solved so moved there
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content