Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Length Limit On Notes

2 posters

Go down

Length Limit On Notes Empty Length Limit On Notes

Post by AlbertEHoffman Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:34 am

I'm trying to help a friend who finds that when she types a FB Note or Private Message, there is a limit to the number of words or characters she can enter to a single note or message. I DO NOT have this problem with either Firefox or IE, so I think it's something related to her browser settings, somewhere. I just have no idea since I have two Facebook accounts and don't have her problem. Can anyone suggest what it might be, please? Thinking that it might be javascript, I searched this forum and got no hits.

(PS Her last private message to me contained "about" 1,100 characters and would accept no more. I've typed notes or messages with MANY more characters than that)
AlbertEHoffman
AlbertEHoffman
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Length Limit On Notes Empty Re: Length Limit On Notes

Post by Tim Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:51 am

Hi Albert,

What browser (as well as the version) is your friend using? Does she get an error message or something similar when she tries to enter more than the limited number of character/words?

Also, how long has she had her Facebook account for?

Lastly, for your information please be aware that maintaining multiple accounts is a violation of Facebook's TOS. See [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] section 4.2 for more details.
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by AlbertEHoffman Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:32 am

Just for the record, the "second account" I referred to is MY WIFE'S. She is handicapped, so I help her by being her "clerk typist." THANKS FOR THE RULE RECITATION!
AlbertEHoffman
AlbertEHoffman
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by AlbertEHoffman Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:24 am

Tim wrote:What browser (as well as the version) is your friend using? Does she get an error message or something similar when she tries to enter more than the limited number of character/words?
She's using IE8 and there's no error message. It just stops allowing typing.

I didn't ask her how long she's had her FB account but it happens to both her and her husband - on the same machine. I've had my account for about two years and don't have a problem like this.

Do you mind telling me WHY you asked these questions? Do you have some clue to the problem or are you just fishing?
AlbertEHoffman
AlbertEHoffman
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down