Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Confirm Identity with mobile issue - SOLVED on 9/8!!!

5 posters

Go down

Confirm Identity with mobile issue - SOLVED on 9/8!!! Empty Confirm Identity with mobile issue - SOLVED on 9/8!!!

Post by scottishbulldog Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:03 am

I had another thread and it was moved to solved and locked - I'm not sure why? [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Anyway, I'm still locked out. I tried what Betty did, I've started sending bug reports every day and no changes. I've even had a friend request come in that I tried to confirm from my email account (one way FB lists of confirming your account) and that had no effect.

I'm giving this until Friday and I guess I'll have to see if I can delete the locked account and create a new one.

Last edited by scottishbulldog on Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:02 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : I can log in on 9/8!)
scottishbulldog
scottishbulldog
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Confirm Identity with mobile issue - SOLVED on 9/8!!! Empty Re: Confirm Identity with mobile issue - SOLVED on 9/8!!!

Post by Blake Tally Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:18 am

I have the same problem, but there is a "link" in the lower left portion of the box, "(Or use a different verification method)". I click on it and a button "confirm" appears for a brief instant and is then gone. I sent in a bug report but think if we were all to send in multiple reports they would be inundated. I don't know if that would really help.
Blake Tally
Blake Tally
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Confirm Identity with mobile issue - SOLVED on 9/8!!! Empty Re: Confirm Identity with mobile issue - SOLVED on 9/8!!!

Post by scottishbulldog Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:22 am

Yeah....I debated sending in multiple reports and I didn't start it until 2 days ago. I just figured it was something else I hadn't tried yet (I had sent in single submissions to a couple of forms before that).
scottishbulldog
scottishbulldog
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by TanaiCardona Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:42 am

Hi Scottishbulldog, one question? How many days have been since you can't login? It happened to me yesterday night... and I'm planning to send multiple reports; they should get thousends of the sort a day.
Tough.
TanaiCardona
TanaiCardona
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by scottishbulldog Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:49 am

August 27th - ie a week and a half ago. So don't get your hopes up... Duhhh
I had JUST signed up for an account about 4 days before that too! I guess that's how it goes sometimes...
scottishbulldog
scottishbulldog
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by scottishbulldog Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:02 am

OMGoodness!!! I can log in now!!! Here are the details:

As many of you have, I filled out/sent several forms and emails to FB.
The last thing I did yesterday was go to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] which lead to the form [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Now, is this what helped? I don't know, but it can't hurt!

So today, I go to try my normal login and expected the same confirm identity message. But the message was different - like what Betty saw. I took a screen shot and if I can figure out how to post it, I will. But instead of saying add your mobile number, it said how do you want to confirm your account - get a text message or receive and automated phone call. So I chose phone call. I put in my land line # and within 2 mins, I got a call. The callerid was 'onverify' and it was a recorded voice that said 'this call is from facebook....'. It gave me a 4 digit code that I put in and Tada! I was in - just like that! Getting that additional option was the key! I'm not sure what exactly trips that screen to show up, but if you can get it, you can put in a phone # to get a call.

Now, let me see if i can figure out how to get a screen shot on here...

Last edited by scottishbulldog on Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:06 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : trying to add screen shot - but i have no storage space)
scottishbulldog
scottishbulldog
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by scottishbulldog Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:09 am

Hi Ruby, when I try to upload the screen shot, it says I have no storage space. But I can't find any reference to storage space under my profile. Can you advise?
scottishbulldog
scottishbulldog
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Betty Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:47 am

scottishbulldog wrote:OMGoodness!!! I can log in now!!! Here are the details: ...

Congratulations -- this is like trying to win the lottery -- only FB knows the magic combination! "Sethst" was also able to login to his/her account last night. I'm glad you found the right combination! Yay Yay Yay
Betty
Betty
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:13 pm

>>>[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]<<<

I hope we can send this one too to the Solved Section soon
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down