Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Linking a personal profile to a business (fan) page

2 posters

Go down

Linking a personal profile to a business (fan) page Empty Linking a personal profile to a business (fan) page

Post by boyshanks Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:41 am

Somehow I created a business page and did not attach it to a personal profile. From reading this forum, it seems I am required to associate/link my business page to a personal profile. Is this correct?

I do have an existing personal profile that I can associate with my business page.

However in my looking at how to do that I have some questions:

While on my business page if I click on CREATE A PROFILE (upper right corner) I go to a page that says:

• Your full name
  • Security question
  • Answer

If I click on SETTINGS I go to a page that says:

• Your real name
  • Username
  • Email
  • Password
  • Linked Accounts--Use other accounts to log in.
  • Security Question
  • Privacy-Control -- what information you share.
  • Account Security

???? Which link should I click on to link the personal profile to the business page?

boyshanks
boyshanks

Back to top Go down

Linking a personal profile to a business (fan) page Empty Re: Linking a personal profile to a business (fan) page

Post by Admin Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:57 pm

Somehow I created a business page and did not attach it to a personal profile. From reading this forum, it seems I am required to associate/link my business page to a personal profile. Is this correct?

No, it's not neccesary.

Which link should I click on to link the personal profile to the business page?

On "Create a Profile".

If you have issues with that, what you can do is completely logging out, creating a new Profile at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] confirming it via your e-mail, and then making THAT profile the new admin of your page by going to (logged in with the data you used to create your Fan Page) Edit Page > Admins > Add Admin.

Cheers!
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down