Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Facebook changes Oct 2010, Friends Lists, and Pages! Very difficult to manage now!

5 posters

Go down

Facebook changes Oct 2010, Friends Lists, and Pages!   Very difficult to manage now! Empty Facebook changes Oct 2010, Friends Lists, and Pages! Very difficult to manage now!

Post by Jrb Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:34 pm

I have many different groups of friends so I have created many 'lists' and have enjoyed working with these lists for a while now.

But then recently facebook changes the Friends page!! Before it was very clear to see how many lists a particular friend was in ie. 1 2 3 or 4 different lists... But this has now been taken away and you have to hover over each and every friend to see what lists they belong in! Very awkward to see now.

The same with Pages! Before with the old friends list the default view was 'All Connections' which included all 'Friends' and 'pages'. And again with the old layout you could clearly see if the 'Pages' belonged to a list or not and what lists the pages were in. This was a great way to manage pages and have a certain group of pages in one list. Therefore you could view all certain types of pages together in your news feed. For example I use to have many music pages all in one list... so if i click on my 'Music Pages' list that I had created I could see all updates from those pages. There is now nowhere to manage these pages, you can still add them to lists but nowhere to actually list all your pages that you have 'liked'. And you can't list all your pages to clearly see if they have been added to a list or not.

What a terrible update to the friends pages!!! Or what I should say used to be 'All connections' page.

Jrb
Jrb

Back to top Go down

Facebook changes Oct 2010, Friends Lists, and Pages!   Very difficult to manage now! Empty Re: Facebook changes Oct 2010, Friends Lists, and Pages! Very difficult to manage now!

Post by Admin Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:47 pm

I agree Lists were terribly updated, it used to be easier to see the name of the list your friend belonged below his name... now it's uncomfortable and time wasting to have to be clicking on "Edit Lists" and see if that friends belong to a certain list.

On the other hand, I personally found useful the separation between Pages and Friends on the "All Connections" filter... I hardly use lists for Pages, so I didn't want them to be on that filter. A "Pages" filter would be a lot more useful, though.
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Facebook changes Oct 2010, Friends Lists, and Pages!   Very difficult to manage now! Empty Re: Facebook changes Oct 2010, Friends Lists, and Pages! Very difficult to manage now!

Post by Marc Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:14 pm

It made the friends page useless. Recently added friends are anything but.
Marc
Marc
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by yongsoochung Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:56 pm

I agree.... doesn't anyone begin to think that Facebook is trying to make it harder for its users to separate out their friends into lists/groups for more privacy? It's like they are trying to keep users sort of happy with privacy settings... enough to keep them there, but push users towards openness. Their business model depends on openness and public information....
yongsoochung
yongsoochung
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sshadow Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:50 am

Facebook does seem to make bad design choices often. You would think they would test these designs on a "test" group or something. If they do then they have chosen the wrong people for it Sad
Sshadow
Sshadow
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum