Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question

2 posters

Go down

Question Empty Question

Post by pinkyteresa Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:32 pm

I know this is going to sound terribly petty.. but my partner has a woman on his friends list who I think is stalking him. What has since transpired is that she has blocked me but sent him an email saying that facebook blocked me because I apparently under different names have been sending her abusive emails. Now fair does if I had.. but actually I haven't. She has stated that facebook have emailed her saying that they have come from my IPP address and have subsequently blocked me from seeing her. Several issues and queries here... one I do not have multiple email addresses or accounts.. two I have not sent her any emails.. and three - is it likely that facebook would actually state that someone's email address and IPP address are the guilty parties. And I guess fourthly.. surely if I were guilty of this type of harassment, wouldn't facebook be disabling my account??? Just a thought.. what is people's opinions on this??
pinkyteresa
pinkyteresa

Back to top Go down

Question Empty Re: Question

Post by Tim Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:01 am

Hi pinkyteresa,

Moved to Other problems.

pinkyteresa wrote:
is it likely that facebook would actually state that someone's email address and IPP address are the guilty parties.
You're right - I don't think Facebook would release this type of information out. While this personally identifible information may be released to the authorities as necessary, they surely wouldn't release it to just any member, victim or not.

pinkyteresa wrote:And I guess fourthly.. surely if I were guilty of this type of harassment, wouldn't facebook be disabling my account???

That would probably be Facebook's first step, as opposed to just blocking you (assuming you are guilty, which I'm sure you aren't Happy ) from accessing another profile.

With these points in mind it's likely that she (the person in question) is lying. I would suggest your partner to block the woman and also to report her profile.

Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down