Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do I send a scathing email to Facebook.

5 posters

Go down

How do I send a scathing email to Facebook. Empty How do I send a scathing email to Facebook.

Post by Marc Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:42 pm

I thought Zynga was inept. Facebook has some features that are very useful then they make a change and make them useless. These people are prima donnas that are as clueless as they are inept. Does Facebook get anyones input? Better question do they care? They had better start or soon they will look like My Space to the new "FaceBook".
Marc
Marc
Rookie

Back to top Go down

How do I send a scathing email to Facebook. Empty Re: How do I send a scathing email to Facebook.

Post by Admin Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:25 pm

Facebook's simply too self centered, unlike Zynga. Besides, Zynga's support is MUCH better! You get an official reply in less than 1 day... simply amazing and really well organized.

I agree Facebook should really care more about people's suggestions, or some of them could leave.
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

How do I send a scathing email to Facebook. Empty Re: How do I send a scathing email to Facebook.

Post by dclarke Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:02 am

I don't think you can. Which sucks. But herewith a recent posting from my blog which you might find interesting. Don Clarke, South Africa
http://www.drakonline.co.za

Today I must rant & rave against facile, feeble, FACELESS Facebook.
I have a problem with my Facebook pages; I cannot receive or send messages. So I’m just looking for a little help from the company itself. But can you believe, although the business has 1400 employees, you cannot access even ONE of them when you have a problem! There are simply no contact e-mail addresses or phone numbers available to their members. How can anyone in their right mind give such a faceless entity the name Facebook for (explicit)sake?! The only way you can get help is from their useless search engine or the “unofficial” Facebook Forum which is run entirely by their poor members.
Actually, many software suppliers and website owners have adopted this insidious and entirely unacceptable way of operating. They expect their customers, or members, to gather on forums like impoverished beggars on a street corner to sort out their own bloody problems with products that they have paid good money for! What sort of (explicit) is this?! It’s much like you buying a certain type of motor car and, from the moment you drive it out of the showroom, having no access to the dealer or manufacturer at all. Then, if you do experience a problem with it, you are expected to find for yourself other people with the same make of car and ask them for some advice. What sort of (explicit) is this?! Since when was a consumer required to set up a Research & Development facility (euphemistically called a FORUM) to troubleshoot for the business that they bought an expensive product from?
Look, I accept that in the case of software products these forums are a quicker way of identifying problems for the nerds who wrote them which, in the long run is a benefit to the consumer. And I also accept that Facebook is a free service. But the kid who created it is a bloody dollar multi-billionaire making a fortune selling advertising space, so surely he can make a few of his 1400 employees available to his members when they have a problem? I mean, what the hell do these buggers do all day? Sit and laugh at their members messages?
I’m sorry, but consumers today are like a bunch of blind bloody sheep being led by the wallet to the slaughter!
Don Clarke, South Africa

Last edited by Tim on Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:27 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : As stated)
dclarke
dclarke
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by iMeow Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:45 am

It'd be nice if Facebook hired people or this whole forum to be their official support forum. Wink
iMeow
iMeow
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:00 pm

We will see that these companies that forgo customer services will be replaced. FB will be like MySpace is no in less than 5 years because of the lack of customer input into how FB should work.
Marc
Marc
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by ingaturner@hotmail.com Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:33 pm

I left Myspace because it got to be too bad. The fact that I can't connect to the Facebook employees to answer a question or accept a complaint is making Myspace look attractive again. This is ridiculous. I have so many complaints about Facebook that it would take me hours to write them all.

My most current complaint?

I can deal with jerks who feel like that have to flip off the camera every time they have a picture taken posting those pictures as their profile pics. Don't like it, but I can deal with it. What I find unconscionable and intolerable is the fact that now Facebook has an anonymous profile pic (you know the ones I mean, the gray background with the white silhouette suggestive of either a man or woman) that is flipping off the viewer! Come on! Can we please try and keep it a little nice here?! I left Myspace because it became nothing but an arena for perversion of every sort imaginable, kinky sex chats, millions of groups dedicated to BDSM and all other sorts of alternative sex, not to mention degradation groups, and it was almost impossible to get away from it. I like Facebook because it's clean. I don't have to worry about being blindsided by something offensive. But y'know what? I don't want to get flipped off by Facebook!!

Like I said, I can deal with coming across people's profile pics of them giving the finger, mostly because the friends I have, for the most part, don't do it. They're more mature than that. I DO NOT appreciate it coming from a stock Facebook profile pic.

Sufficed to say, my hope here is that the employees care enough to at least glance in these forums, or at the very least, have enough morbid curiosity to. I doubt it, but I still hope. A little.

(isn't it swell, though, that by a simple lack of availability to its members, Facebook has made most of us bleak and hopeless, completely without faith in their product? Personally, I'm not here for Facebook. I'm here to hear from friends and play my Farmville. On that note, if Facebook endorses casual vulgarity, then fine. Facebook can go screw.)
ingaturner@hotmail.com
ingaturner@hotmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum