Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Volunteer Wiki Graphic Designer Wanted

2 posters

Go down

Volunteer Wiki Graphic Designer Wanted Empty Volunteer Wiki Graphic Designer Wanted

Post by kmoore Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:00 am

For the draft idea of this project, please go here:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

A Volunteer is needed to develop:

- An emblem or logo for the Magna Carta of Facebook Freedoms, probably need big logo, and small, medium and avatar sizes

- Design the layout and choose the colors and the general decor for it.... how democratic we can be at this point, I don't know... there seems to be an urgent need to get it off the ground, with all the lockouts that Facebook is up to. This Charter is to prevent any further such lockouts, roadblocking and comment blocking and friend request blocking, etc.

- The graphic designer would have to work with a Wiki Helper Volunteer, who will code the wiki pages to make the project functional.

- A location for the wiki will have to be found. I have been told that google has a great free wiki; but also that there is a wiki attached to this present forum. If the forum owners wouldn't mind, perhaps they could allow a segment of the forum wiki to be set up for the Magna Carta project. Would be kinda nice for the project to have a home that wants it, and not just hanging out in air over in google somewhere... : )

All help and input will be greatly appreciated!

Kathleen Moore
Montreal, Canada

UPDATE: 13 October 2010

Possible imagery for the wiki:

I don't have Photoshop to do the lettering properly, but the ideal image to symbolize the problem that we have in Facebook and in other social networks like MySpace, I think, would be this:

Source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The problem would be the contradiction between "social networking" and being continually and arbitrarily silenced by the robotized systems that run the networks. I would not propose this image for the logo of the Magna Carta of Facebook Freedoms, as the logo should be a positive image, but the taped lips would be a useful image to help explain the purpose and need for a Magna Carta of Facebook Freedoms.

I put the lettering on like this, as an example, but I think it could be done better with proper software:

Then, I found this little picture of a monster, which to my mind immediately embodies the little robotic monstrosities used by the social networks to patrol the Members and silence us. Imagine this little troll shrieking accusations of "abuse" at an innocent member while shutting off aspects of the account, or roadblocking the whole account. I think he could be photoshopped to add some kind of mechanized platform under him that whizzes along at high speed and makes it apparent he's a "bot" (FaceBot?) (InYourFaceBot?):

He seems to have some kind of a transistor or chip on his ear, which would be good to symbolize robotic, non-sentient, non-intelligent "listening", resulting in non-intelligent reactions and an inhuman/inhumane form of social control for business & profit: an insentient robot deployed to auto-silence half a billion sentient beings.

Regards,
Kathleen Moore
Montreal, Canada

UPDATE: 13 October 2010 9h56 am

I have just discovered an URGENTLY IMPORTANT feature, I don't know how old or new it is, but this should be sent by Facebook to all members via our email accounts of record - this is a very important reason why nobody should be roadblocked out of their accounts without notice, or by arbitrary "tests" like the obligation to correctly identify 5 of 7 "friends" tagged in a random array of photos selected by the Facebook robot from potentially hundreds of photo albums -- random roadblocking and account closure destroys digital assets that members are entitled to recover BEFORE trial and judgment. This should be prominently featured on the Wiki of the Magna Carta of Facebook Freedoms, as it relates to the fundamental right of members to their digital assets. This is an excellent feature, we just need to stop the roadblocking so members can in fact access their property and save it before Facebook expunges it arbitrarily:

"Download Your Information

Get a copy of the data you've put on Facebook.

This tool lets you download a copy of your information, including your photos and videos, posts on your wall, all of your messages, your friend list and other content you have shared on your profile. Within this zip file you will have access to your data in a simple, browseable manner. Learn More about downloading a copy of your information.

Security

This is a copy of all of the personal information you've shared on Facebook. In order to protect your information, we will ask for authentication to verify your identity.

WARNING: This file contains sensitive information. Because this download contains your profile information, you should keep it secure and take precautions when storing, sending or uploading it to any other services."

Last edited by kmoore on Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:03 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Adding NB news re Facebook feature, that should be included on wiki and everywhere discussiing Facebook)
kmoore
kmoore
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Volunteer Wiki Graphic Designer Wanted Empty Re: Volunteer Wiki Graphic Designer Wanted

Post by Ruby Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:13 pm

Moved from Lifestyles Graphics to Facebook Games and Applications Support as I think it will be better served in this section
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Volunteer Wiki Graphic Designer Wanted Empty Re: Volunteer Wiki Graphic Designer Wanted

Post by Ruby Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:16 am

Moved from Games and Applications Support to AR

Do you still require help with this as there have been no replies or contributions on this thread for several days ?

If you do not reply to this thread within the next 3 days we will assume you have abandoned your request for help , and this thread will be Moved to the Abandoned threads section without further notice .

If you are not the thread starter please do not post for any help or support on this thread
Thanks for your co-operation and understanding !

Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum