Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Open Graph API Post to Wall violating user privacy settings

3 posters

Go down

Open Graph API Post to Wall violating user privacy settings Empty Open Graph API Post to Wall violating user privacy settings

Post by saul.caban Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:47 pm

I'm developing a system for a website that uses facebook connect to login. The application ask the user to have permissions on this areas:"Access my basic information", "Send me email", "Access my profile information", "Post to my Wall", "Access my data any time" and "Access my custom friend lists".

I have this particular situation, I have the privacy settings of "Things I share", "Things others share" and "Contact information" all set to "Only Me" in my personal facebook account. For some reason the Open Api Graph is not taking in consideration this setting. Every time I do a post from my application, every friend can see my posts. I think this can be a problem for the users that have their facebook account restircted to anyone.

My suspicion is that this required parameter "-F privacy={"value": "EVERYONE"}" it's taking control over the settings I have on my account.

There's a workaround for this issue?
saul.caban
saul.caban

Back to top Go down

Open Graph API Post to Wall violating user privacy settings Empty Re: Open Graph API Post to Wall violating user privacy settings

Post by Admin Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:12 pm

Moved to Facebook Games and Apps

Sorry, App coding support if the only kind of help we can't provide (since none of us here knows enough FBML to give you a hand). Check out the Facebook Developer's Forum and see if you can get an asnwer Happy Eyes
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Open Graph API Post to Wall violating user privacy settings Empty Re: Open Graph API Post to Wall violating user privacy settings

Post by Ruby Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:08 am

@Saul-Caban

Check out the Facebook Developer's Forum and see if you can get an answer

Did you do as requested and if so did you get a reply?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:12 pm

Moved from Games ands Applications to awaiting reply

Hello!

There have been no replies to your topic for over a week. Do you still need help with it? In order to keep the Help section fresh, we need to know if your problem was solved, or if you still need help with it. If you don't reply within the next 3 days, we'll assume your issue was solved, and this thread will be Moved to the Solved section without further notice .

Thanks!

Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down