Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(re:remove game notifications) changed settings but still get spammy notices

3 posters

Go down

(re:remove game notifications) changed settings but still get spammy notices Empty (re:remove game notifications) changed settings but still get spammy notices

Post by BetsyMcDonald Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:46 am

This message appeared in a previous post

"I have noticed that I have started to get new notifications (you know one of the three buttons at the top with a red bubble) in the form:
"Person X and N friends has sent you requests in App Y"?
Usually I only got notifications when someone I knew liked something, commented or something or anything else interesting happened. But since I also play Mafia Wars and have over 600 friends just for MW I now constantly get new notifications. It's really annoying since I don't care as much about if someone sent me a request in MW as much as I care if a friend commented on a photo for example. Is there a way to get back to the old way where I only get notifications from actual Facebook stuff and not stuff that happens in apps?"

In the reply, the poster was told to go to
facebook.com/editaccount.php?notifications )) Other Applications )) Mafia Wars" and uncheck the specified applications.

I noticed this same problem a few days ago. I immediately went to the above notification control setting and unchecked frontierville, etc.
but )))) no effect on the notifications. I still get the red bookmark bubble full of new game notices. I'm wondering what else I can do to stop this spamming?
BetsyMcDonald
BetsyMcDonald

Back to top Go down

(re:remove game notifications) changed settings but still get spammy notices Empty Re: (re:remove game notifications) changed settings but still get spammy notices

Post by Admin Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:53 pm

Seems several applications' notifications are being sent even though you choose not to receive them... so far 4 people have reported the same issue, so I'm assuming this is a general bug.

You should report it [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Very Happy
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

(re:remove game notifications) changed settings but still get spammy notices Empty Re: (re:remove game notifications) changed settings but still get spammy notices

Post by BetsyMcDonald Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:25 pm

thanks so much for the link!! I reported the problem & hope for the best....
BetsyMcDonald
BetsyMcDonald

Back to top Go down

Post by iMeow Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:10 am

Since the user has already reported their problem to Facebook, moved to "Solved".
iMeow
iMeow
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down