Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is there a way to display animated .gif or .png files to show properly?

2 posters

Go down

Is there a way to display animated .gif or .png files to show properly? Empty Is there a way to display animated .gif or .png files to show properly?

Post by Me0ldFart Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:02 pm

I upload them using both uploaders (regular and flash), but they do not show the animation. Duhhh
All that shows is the first frame of the animation. Is there a way to upload them to FaceBook so they show properly with the animations intact?
I sure hope it's possible. I create animations and would like to show a few off.
thanks in advance for any help! Cool Shades
Me0ldFart
Me0ldFart

Back to top Go down

Is there a way to display animated .gif or .png files to show properly? Empty Re: Is there a way to display animated .gif or .png files to show properly?

Post by Admin Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:55 pm

I did some research on this a while ago, actually Tongue And yeah, there are some italian fan pages that display animated pictures Very Happy

Answering your question. "Is posting animated .gif/.swf images on Facebook possible?" The answer is no.

There was a bug a few months ago on Facebook Photos, and that's how they got to post this. They just made a .GIF image, and changed the format to .JPEG/.JPG manually (Right click >> Change name). Then they uploaded them to Facebook, and since they were already converted, Facebook accepted them.

This bug got so known that people started to do upload these pictures, until Facebook fixed it (not so long ago). The only way to currently do something similar is creating a Facebook Application and doing magics with FBML... but that takes some serious coding and knowledge!
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Is there a way to display animated .gif or .png files to show properly? Empty Re: Is there a way to display animated .gif or .png files to show properly?

Post by Me0ldFart Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:18 pm

My thanks, The Listener. Oh well......I guess I'll have to deal with it. Damn you, FB developers! Heey!
Me0ldFart
Me0ldFart

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:25 pm

LOL Tongue Well, Facebook just wants to keep it as simple as possible (the complete opposite to MySpace). That's why they, for example, removed application boxes and tabs a while ago, which made customizing your profile (and even adding GIF images) even MORE impossible.

I think the only way to do this would be creating an application that posts content to your wall, allowing .GIF images. This may sound easy, but coding THAT wouldn't be simple for anybody that doesn't know PHP, ASP and FBML (including me).

Better stick with JPG's Tongue

=> Solved
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum