Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Did I create the right kind of page?

2 posters

Go down

Did I create the right kind of page? Empty Did I create the right kind of page?

Post by joescott3rd Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:48 pm

I'm not sure what type of page I created and if I created the right type of page.
From my personal page I created a page for my business. I own a garden center and want to keep my customers up to date on what is happening, new items and that type of thing. I really don't want it to have anything to do with my personal page but it seems that they are joined at the hip. What settings I make in one I guess apply to both? The page is Bayshore Garden Center
So I guess my question would be how do I know what type of page I created, and Thank you for having me in the forum.
Joe

Moved from General Discussion to Facebook Support Profile etc ( I think )

Last edited by Ruby on Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Moved to more appropraite section of Forum)
joescott3rd
joescott3rd
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Did I create the right kind of page? Empty Re: Did I create the right kind of page?

Post by Admin Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:59 pm

Well, I'm going to need you to be a little more decriptive to help you out. How exactly did you create this 'page'? Could you number those steps?
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Did I create the right kind of page? Empty Re: Did I create the right kind of page?

Post by joescott3rd Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:09 pm

Not really sure, I think it was from my personal page, because if I go to the "account" tab then select "manage pages" it is listed. I can then select it and I am takin to it.
Help you?
joescott3rd
joescott3rd
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:21 pm

Alright, that's a Business/Fan/Like page Wink

You need to understand the difference between personal profiles and fan pages. Your personal profile is the one you login with... the one with the homepage, wall, info tab. chat, messages, etc. Your page can be only accessed and managed through the Account >> Manage Pages page. Then when you're on it, you can post statuses, videos, comments, etc. under your page's name.

Do you understand that?
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by joescott3rd Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:47 pm

Yes, I think so. Not exactly what I would have liked but oh well.
I was hoping that I would be able to have facebook open in a browser at the business checkout. We have most of our customers Names and addresses on file in our POS software for our rewards club. I do not have email addresses. I thought I would be able to ask them at that time if they would like an invite to our facebook page so they could keep up on whats happening.
Looks like it won't be that easy.
joescott3rd
joescott3rd
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:00 pm

You can do that. Simply open up a new window, go to Facebook, search for your page using the Search feature, and keep it open. Then as you keep on refreshing the page (Ctrl + F5) you'll see new comments, new wall posts, new photos, etc. your customers publish and that you can reply to.

If you want to contact your customers to join your page, then you'd need to reach them via Facebook if you don't have their addresses. You can either add them as friends, using your personal profile, and then suggesting the page to them ("Suggest to Friends" link under the page's picture) or sending a messive message on Facebook leaving the link to your page, and asking them to join it; for both cases, though, you need to know their profiles. For that, either a name or e-mail is required.

And what's a POS software, if you don't mind explaining?
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by joescott3rd Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:34 pm

Point of Sale software. It helps me run my business. Estimates, invoicing, customer ifo, inventory info and control, accounting, and much more. It is offered by Windward software. Kinda like Quickbooks on Steroids.

This is how I want to handle it
sending a messive message on Facebook leaving the link to your page, and asking them to join it; for both cases, though, you need to know their profiles. For that, either a name or e-mail is required.

What is a messive message?

joescott3rd
joescott3rd
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:40 pm

And what information about them do you have on that software? Their names, addresses, anything that can help you find them on Facebook?

Once you collect a couple customers names, using your personal account and your inbox, you can add them as friends, and then send a message to several people at the time (typing their names as recipients) adding the link to your page. The limit per message is 20 people Very Happy
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by joescott3rd Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:02 pm

Yes, I have the name and address.
joescott3rd
joescott3rd
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by joescott3rd Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:53 pm

Thank you very much for all the help,
I am going to try this tomorrow. I'll just ask if they would like to visit our page, and if so would you please give me your email address and I'll send you an invite.
joescott3rd
joescott3rd
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down