Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fanpage and own profile

3 posters

Go down

Fanpage and own profile Empty Fanpage and own profile

Post by aauer Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:02 am

Hello,

my facebook Fansite (represents a company) has been disabled for 3 weeks because i didn't give facebook my real name.
The exact reason was: "We have found that the profile, which is registered under this e-mail address to display your brand, your company, your group or your organization will be used on Facebook. Facebook profiles are only intended to represent individuals. The use of a profile to represent another entity in violation of our declaration of rights and obligations."

Is it really necessary to connect a real person with a fanpage?
I mean, who's standing behind profiles like Coca-Cola, Cities and destinations, e.g. ?

Can you help me?

Moved from General to Facebook Support Privacy ( pro temp)
aauer
aauer

Back to top Go down

Fanpage and own profile Empty Re: Fanpage and own profile

Post by Tim Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:11 am

Hello,

The message you received from Facebook indicates that you have been using a personal profile to represent your company, or the profile is not a valid person. As stated, personal profiles can only be used to represent a 'real person', ie. can represent individuals only.

To represent your company on Facebook, you need to use a Fan page. If you already have a personal profile account on Facebook, you can use that to administrate your Fan pages. If, however, you do not have one and you do not wish to create one, you will need to first create a Facebook Ad or Facebook Page. Once you’ve entered in the required information, you will be taken to the "Facebook Login" page and asked if you have a Facebook account. If you do not currently have a Facebook account, then at this point, please select "I do not have a Facebook account." You will then need to enter your email address and date of birth.

Please be aware that managing multiple accounts is a violation of Facebook’s Terms of Use. As such if you already have a personal account (that is representing you), you should use that to manage your fan page instead.
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Fayde Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:55 am

Moved from Privacy Support to Awaiting Reply

There has been no reply of this being solved for over a week.

If you do not reply to this thread within the next 3 days we will move this topic to the Abandoned Topic section without further notice.
Fayde
Fayde
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down