Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can a new admin remove the original admin in a fan page?

2 posters

Go down

Can a new admin remove the original admin in a fan page? Empty Can a new admin remove the original admin in a fan page?

Post by dmag Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:25 am

I should have asked this in my first post, which Listener handled beautifully.

Through him, I've learned that I can create a new admin and/or remove myself from admin status very easily.

Now I need to know if a new admin can remove the original admin, against his/her wishes. Simply, if I gave you admin privileges to code my page, could you remove me as the other admin and take over?

No intrigue to worry about yet, but it's something good to know.

Thanks.
dmag
dmag
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Can a new admin remove the original admin in a fan page? Empty Re: Can a new admin remove the original admin in a fan page?

Post by Tim Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:43 am

Hello,

Yes, it is possible for any admin to remove other admin(s). In the past, the creator of the page could not be removed as an admin but that limitation has since been removed.

Consequently, make sure you fully trust the person before you give them admin rights to your page Happy
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Can a new admin remove the original admin in a fan page? Empty Re: Can a new admin remove the original admin in a fan page?

Post by dmag Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:14 am

Tim wrote:Hello,

Yes, it is possible for any admin to remove other admin(s). In the past, the creator of the page could not be removed as an admin but that limitation has since been removed.

Consequently, make sure you fully trust the person before you give them admin rights to your page Happy

Well, that's just a bit scary. We all know of people and organizations whose fan pages are directly responsible for significant revenues.

What if an IT for a major corp goes ballistic on his employer's page and removes all other admins or cancels the page — is the only recourse the slow-as-molasses legal system? In the case of a smaller operator who relies on the fan page for a large chunk of their traffic, they could go under while waiting for relief.

FB has obviously employed some of the brightest people on the planet to create the system. How could they leave such a gap in security?

That's a head-scratcher to be sure.

Thanks.

dmag
dmag
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down