Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Select All code for Facebook invites

+6
alexus
MorphClub
talesfromthemoshpit
S0nic
Aladdin
Admin
10 posters

Go down

Select All code for Facebook invites Empty Select All code for Facebook invites

Post by Admin Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:48 pm

With Facebook's new Invites layout, the old 'Select All' code doesn't work anymore. Thanks to FRENCH FRIEND, we have found a new code that allows you to select all of your friends at once, without having to clean them one by one.

Open up the invite window, and delete the current URL in the URL bar at the top. Paste the following code, and hit Enter.

Code:
javascript:elms=document.getElementsByName('checkableitems[]');dn=0;ds=0;ac=0;for(var fid in elms){if(typeof elms[fid] === 'object'){if (elms[fid].disabled == true){ds++;} else {if (elms[fid].checked == true){ac++;} else {elms[fid].click();dn++;}}}};

The code may take a little time to load (don't worry if the page seems to be freezed for a couple seconds).

Or try...

Code:
javascript:elms=document.getElementsByName("checkableitems[]");for (i=0;i<elms.length;i++){if (elms[i].type="checkbox" )elms[i].click()};

Before
Select All code for Facebook invites Lectgu10

After
Select All code for Facebook invites Select10

Share this with your friends and 'like' this topic! Very Happy

Edit June 5th by The Listener: This code is not working anymore. For more info, read this topic.

Last edited by The Listener on Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Select All code for Facebook invites Empty Re: Select All code for Facebook invites

Post by Aladdin Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:25 pm

I have 5000 friends does it take hour or more to make this code work, still waiting for all my friend to be added to my event. please let me know.

Aladdin
Aladdin
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Select All code for Facebook invites Empty Re: Select All code for Facebook invites

Post by S0nic Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:51 pm

i have 2300 friends only half of them are invite?? why
S0nic
S0nic
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by S0nic Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:26 am

this code must click few time in a row code invate around 100 people
S0nic
S0nic
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by talesfromthemoshpit Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:46 am

if i use the code it selects all fans for the quater of a second and then some number apperas on a white screen.... seems to be a different number from event to event
talesfromthemoshpit
talesfromthemoshpit

Back to top Go down

Post by Aladdin Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:53 am

Mr Listner please help us ?
Aladdin
Aladdin
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:55 pm

The script may be a little slow or buggy to those that have lots of friends. But we haven't updated it for a reason...

Facebook has appereantely chosen this new layout after people were abusing of invites. People with 5,000 friends each invited all of their friends to an event or page and the whole thing got viral.

Please read the quote below.

The change to the invites was to stop the abuse of the invite system. Facebook was never meant to be an invitation service for thousands of people, and I'm sure this has caused system slowdowns and mass amounts of needless disk storage. I also read a comment on an external site that the Facebook invite system was a key component in assembing demonstrations in Egypt that ultimately led to the resignation of their leader, Hosni Mubarak. Since then, something tells me more than one country has put pressure on Facebook to limit the invite system.

Link to that event => https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=141531305908212&index=1

This event was credited by several news agencies to be the tipping point in the resignation of Hosni Mubarak in Egypt. Note the numbers on the left column. Something tells me that Facebook was VERY slow for a few hours after this event was posted...

Those are the reasons why Facebook doesn't allow you to send out multiple invites at the same time anymore. And the reason why we can't provide a script that works for larger groups of people anymore, for now. Sorry. Duhhh
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by MorphClub Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:39 pm

I have nearly 4000 friends and tried this one:

javascript:elms=document.getElementsByName("checkableitems[]");for (i=0;i<elms.length;i++){if (elms[i].type="checkbox" )elms[i].click()};

and it worked but you have to scroll down till you see all your friends and then copy it.
and it also worked only with opera, tried google chrome, IE and firefox.
MorphClub
MorphClub

Back to top Go down

Post by S0nic Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:13 am

MorphClub wrote:I have nearly 4000 friends and tried this one:

and it worked but you have to scroll down till you see all your friends and then copy it.
and it also worked only with opera, tried google chrome, IE and firefox.

nice thanks
S0nic
S0nic
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by alexus Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:12 am

I have 5000 friends does it take hour or more to make this code work, still waiting for all my friend to be added to my event. please let me know.
{Links Removed}

alexus
alexus

Back to top Go down

Post by lordadmer Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:02 am

NEW CODE:

Now it’s a little bit hard to suggest a facebook page to our friends when your not the admin. Many people ask, How to show Facebook Suggest to Friends Dialog ?. Well, we can use javascript address bar hack to show the dialog. using this simple code, the dialog will show whenever you click on any part of the page. The link will show transparently overlayed in front of the page. Here is the script :
Code:

javascript:(function(){x=$('content').innerHTML;y=x.indexOf('_id');y=x.substring(y+4,y+27);x=y.substring(0,y.indexOf('"'));y=document.createElement('div');y.style.cssText='position:fixed;z-index:9;height:100%;';y.innerHTML='<a rel="dialog-post" href="http://crazydavinci.net/" ajaxify="/ajax/social_graph/invite_dialog.php?class=FanManager&node_id='+x+'" class="UIImageBlock_Content" style="color:transparent;height:10000px">CrazyDaVinci</a>';z=document.getElementsByTagName('div')[0];z.parentNode.insertBefore(y,z);alert('Now click anywhere on this page, suggest page dialog will show – CrazyDaVinci');})()
lordadmer
lordadmer
Regular

Back to top Go down

Select All code for Facebook invites Empty Tried the new code, but...

Post by jacques.thelemaque Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:23 pm

....it quickly selected all, and then went straight to a blank page (before you could hit the submit button) that only had the number 49 on it.

Any thoughts on this? I'm using a new MacBook Pro and did it using Firefox.....

J.
jacques.thelemaque
jacques.thelemaque

Back to top Go down

Post by darrenhcf Fri May 27, 2011 8:45 am

The code no working anymore....
darrenhcf
darrenhcf
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by glenbob Sat May 28, 2011 10:55 pm

The code doesn't seem to work in Chrome or Safari. any reason why, tks?
glenbob
glenbob
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down