Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Account disabled for suspicious payment activity - how long must I wait?

2 posters

Go down

Account disabled for suspicious payment activity - how long must I wait? Empty Account disabled for suspicious payment activity - how long must I wait?

Post by mattynewman87 Mon May 09, 2011 7:18 pm

Hi everyone,

I bought a cheap advert for my page the other day on facebook.
I paid for the advert with my paypal account. My paypal account is in credit. It is also registered to the same email address as my facebook account.

I got an email welcoming me to facebook adverts. I stayed on Facebook for 20 more minutes or so and then logged off. I logged back on 2 hours later and It says "Sorry, your account has been temporarily disabled as a security precaution. Please contact us so we can help you resolve this issue as quickly as possible."

Clicking the contact us it then says
"Our systems have detected unusual payment activity on your account. We’ve temporarily disabled your account as a security precaution. Please note, any advertisements you have placed were paused at the time your account was disabled.
Please fill out all information below to help us resolve this issue as quickly as possible. Once you submit this form, a Facebook representative should be in contact with you soon as soon as possible."

I have filled out the contact form but I haven't heard anything yet. It's been 2 days. Does anyone have any experience with this? Is there anything I should be doing? How long does it usually take to verify the activity?

Many thanks for your time!

Matt
mattynewman87
mattynewman87

Back to top Go down

Account disabled for suspicious payment activity - how long must I wait? Empty Re: Account disabled for suspicious payment activity - how long must I wait?

Post by Ruby Tue May 10, 2011 5:41 am

have filled out the contact form but I haven't heard anything yet. It's been 2 days. Does anyone have any experience with this? Is there anything I should be doing? How long does it usually take to verify the activity?

This is a new enquiry query but I suspect that Facebook will need a lot more time than just two days to get matters verified

What you can of course be doing is to ensure all emails addresses from Facebook are 'White-listed' so you get all of them that are sent to you ...
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Account disabled for suspicious payment activity - how long must I wait? Empty Re: Account disabled for suspicious payment activity - how long must I wait?

Post by mattynewman87 Tue May 10, 2011 5:54 am

Ok, thanks Ruby. Is there anyone with experience in this just so I can get a rough ball park estimate?
I've white listed the facebook email addresses in my email account.

(Great site by the way - seems to be helping a lot of people)

Cheers,

Matt
mattynewman87
mattynewman87

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Tue May 10, 2011 6:09 am

mattynewman87 wrote:Ok, thanks Ruby. Is there anyone with experience in this just so I can get a rough ball park estimate?
I've white listed the facebook email addresses in my email account.

(Great site by the way - seems to be helping a lot of people)

Cheers,

Matt

*Ahem*

ermm

I guess you may not know but with
More than 500 million active users
(taken from)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

you may need to 'wait a while' for a response from Facebook !!!!

Great site by the way - seems to be helping a lot of people

Thanks Adore

And to coin a phrase....

we do what we can , where and when we can with the knowledge we have ( and gain more insights daily!!) to help solve /try to solve problems people post on this Forum with accessing and /or using Facebook reading
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Tue May 17, 2011 2:33 pm

Moved from Hacked to AR

Do you still require help with this as there have been no replies or contributions on this thread for several days ?

If you do not reply to this thread within the next 3 days we will assume you have abandoned your request for help , and this thread will be Moved to the Abandoned threads section without further notice .

If you are not the thread starter please do not post for any help or support on this thread
Thanks for your co-operation and understanding !

Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by mattynewman87 Wed May 18, 2011 6:46 pm

HI Everyone - I thought I would post this up just in case someone in the future has a simular problem.
My facebook account is now active again. After first being disabled, it was 2 days before anyone got in touch with me. They as for details of what happened - I explained I took out an advert, for how much and any other details I could think of to prove it was me and not a hack.
I then waited another 5 days and they then got in touch, apologised and restored my account. So I waited a week in total.
Good luck for anyone who has a similar problem and all I can say is just be patient. There's no point in submitting lots of questions or spending hours searching for a phone number or anything. Just sit tight and it'll work out!
Matt
mattynewman87
mattynewman87

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sat May 21, 2011 5:40 am

mattynewman87 wrote:HI Everyone - I thought I would post this up just in case someone in the future has a simular problem.
My facebook account is now active again. After first being disabled, it was 2 days before anyone got in touch with me. They as for details of what happened - I explained I took out an advert, for how much and any other details I could think of to prove it was me and not a hack.
I then waited another 5 days and they then got in touch, apologised and restored my account. So I waited a week in total.
Good luck for anyone who has a similar problem and all I can say is just be patient. There's no point in submitting lots of questions or spending hours searching for a phone number or anything. Just sit tight and it'll work out!
Matt

Thanks for the feedback!!

Moved from AR to Solved ( Ps; may post part of this in Hacked section so folks can see how you got back )
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down