Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

commenting as an Individual NOT a group/business

2 posters

Go down

commenting as an Individual NOT a group/business Empty commenting as an Individual NOT a group/business

Post by egraynovskiy Mon May 09, 2011 9:12 pm

I'm an admin of a local business, but when I want to comment on things it oftentimes defaults to commenting as that business, instead of as my individual/personal account

is there an easy way to DISABLE the "comment as group/business" feature on facebook, or toggle it somewhere?
egraynovskiy
egraynovskiy

Back to top Go down

commenting as an Individual NOT a group/business Empty Re: commenting as an Individual NOT a group/business

Post by Admin Tue May 10, 2011 12:09 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] may help. Happy Eyes
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

commenting as an Individual NOT a group/business Empty Re: commenting as an Individual NOT a group/business

Post by egraynovskiy Tue May 10, 2011 12:18 am

well, that's a pretty basic workaround....just create a whole new account to post a single comment?

really unnecessary, and pretty silly of FB to not have its "switch page/accounts/identity" feature or whatever the hell it is work like it should...
egraynovskiy
egraynovskiy

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue May 10, 2011 12:26 am

Pages are supposed to keep the identity of its creator hidden, that's why posts have always worked that way. If you wanted to comment on things as yourself, then a Group would have been a better choice.

From a different point of view... you asked for a solution. I came up with a (maybe not so quick but pretty easy) workaround. You really can't appreciate that someone (who, by the way, is a volunteer and not a paid worker) took some of his time to help you out. Phew.

Anyhow, I do agree Facebook should only make posts show up under your page's name only while you're logged in as it and not as your profile..
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by egraynovskiy Tue May 10, 2011 1:15 am

not saying i didn't appreciate the help, just meant that the "make a new account" solution is ever-present in online forums, and isn't really a novel idea.

thanks though
egraynovskiy
egraynovskiy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down