Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Group Members SPAMMING Each Others Post

2 posters

Go down

Group Members SPAMMING Each Others Post Empty Group Members SPAMMING Each Others Post

Post by BigTater Thu May 19, 2011 1:52 pm

I admin a Facebook page and I have a problem with other members blocking each others posts by clicking on the SPAM option. My question is:

1. Is there a way for me to see who is clicking the SPAM option to block the other members posts?

Thank you.

Last edited by BigTater on Thu May 19, 2011 6:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
BigTater
BigTater

Back to top Go down

Group Members SPAMMING Each Others Post Empty Re: Group Members SPAMMING Each Others Post

Post by Admin Thu May 19, 2011 6:25 pm

FYI, banning and reporting posts as spam are 2 different things. Marking a message as spam will only make the post invisible to the one who has reported it, but not to others. Why would there be a problem, then?

Answering your question, though, no, that option can't be turned off. There's a lot of spam on Facebook and, even though it doesn't look like so, that option helps them control it a little.
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Group Members SPAMMING Each Others Post Empty Re: Group Members SPAMMING Each Others Post

Post by BigTater Thu May 19, 2011 6:33 pm

Thank you for the answer, but I'm not sure that's right. I will log in with my personal account which is in no way connected to the site I admin, and the post is not there. But when I am logged in as the admin on the site I see the post and its darker gray to indicate its been flagged.

I just want to know who is doing it so I can block that person from our site.

PS: thanks for the update on the BAN / SPAM, I changed my subject title.
BigTater
BigTater

Back to top Go down

Post by BigTater Fri May 20, 2011 10:46 am

Anyone know why this happens? If one of the members marks it as SPAM on their page will it mark it as SPAM on my site?
BigTater
BigTater

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri May 20, 2011 6:52 pm

Alright, thanks for the clarification. Seems I haven't used the new Groups for a while. Tongue

Can you please take a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] of how the message looks like while being logged in as the admin, leave the link to your group, and see if there are ANY options to make the post visible once again, anywhere?
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down