Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't remove old Business Page

2 posters

Go down

Can't remove old Business Page Empty Can't remove old Business Page

Post by tallington Fri May 27, 2011 9:25 am

Hi All

I have two clients who work for a company. When they'd put their company name into their personal profiles, it had created a page. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I have since created a new page for them [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and I have updated their employee information in their personal pages by replacing the 'old' Sharpstone Skinner with a link to the new page.

The problem is that I am unable to delete the old Sharpstone Skinner page (the non-vanity URL above). I have logged in as me, and the two clients and tried reporting the page as a duplicate, but when it asks which page it's a duplicate of, the new page does not appear in the drop down, so facebook just tells me that 'Oops, something went wrong'.

Is there a solution to this, please? I need to delete the old company page.

Many thanks
Terri
tallington
tallington

Back to top Go down

Can't remove old Business Page Empty Re: Can't remove old Business Page

Post by Tim Sun May 29, 2011 6:33 pm

Hi Terri,

The first page mentioned (ie. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] is a community page; it is automatically generated by Facebook and is uneditable. Many community pages display Wikipedia articles about the topics they represent, as well as related posts from other people on Facebook in real time.

For a full description of a community page, please see [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Unfortunately community pages cannot be removed, as it is generated automatically by Facebook. It won't show up when you search your company name however; searching 'Sharpstone Skinner' yields the official page, ie. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

--
with files from Facebook
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by tallington Tue May 31, 2011 4:09 am

Hi Tim

Thanks a lot for your help. I had tried every way to edit it to no avail, but now you've explained why!
Thanks so much, I shall ignore the page and hope it disappears!

Terri
tallington
tallington

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down