Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

facebook Help Centre discussion pages missing the "+ New question" button, so I can't ask questions.

2 posters

Go down

facebook Help Centre discussion pages missing the "+ New question" button, so I can't ask questions. Empty facebook Help Centre discussion pages missing the "+ New question" button, so I can't ask questions.

Post by outbackyak Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:11 pm

I've got the weirdest problem with the facebook Help centre. On the vast majority of the Help discussion pages there is no "+ New question button". When I go to "Links", "Birthdays" or "Like" the "+New question button" IS there as in this screen shot from the "Likes" page:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

But for every other section of the discussion section there IS no "+ New question button" on the page and so there is no way to ask a question. See this screenshot of the "Photos" section for example:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This is weird! And there isn't even a way to send a bug report to facebook, because there is no category for asking about the Help section. I've asked an off-topic question in one of the sections I can post new questions in, but I have had no replies. I'm going to do the same in the other sections, but I doubt I'll get any response - the Help section on facebook is awful, and the discussion section seems to be amazingly inactive considering there are currently 688,878,200 facebook users.

I'm very new to facebook - only joined this week. I've read through the entire "Known Issues on facebook" page for the last 6 months, and there is no mention of this bug.

I've had this problem from the time I joined facebook; all my settings are just the standard ones - I've altered nothing; I've got 12 friends and belong to 4 groups; I've tried clearing my cookies for facebook; I'm using Firefox 4.0.1 for my browser; my OS is Windows 7 Professional 64 bit. Is there anything else you need to know?

Please, has anybody got any suggestions on this issue? I'm pretty sure that at least one other member of this forum has the same problem, but he/she hasn't explained the problem well, so has not got a good answer - see this topic [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thanks!
outbackyak
outbackyak
Rookie

Back to top Go down

facebook Help Centre discussion pages missing the "+ New question" button, so I can't ask questions. Empty Re: facebook Help Centre discussion pages missing the "+ New question" button, so I can't ask questions.

Post by Admin Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:45 pm

You're indeed not the only one experiencing this glitch... I can't post in most sections either, even if I tried with different accounts.

Changing the section's ID when asking doesn't work either. This is the URL of the "New Question" page...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Each section has an ID. "Home and News Feed" is 784, "Links" is 486, etc. When you attempt to change the URL to any of those IDs though, you get an error saying the page couldn't be reached. I believe the limit for topics in most section was exceeded.

The mobile site doesn't seem to have a community help center. I can't think of any other solution but reporting this to Facebook [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (there's no "other problems" category on Facebook... thought profile would be the most appropriated one).
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

facebook Help Centre discussion pages missing the "+ New question" button, so I can't ask questions. Empty Re: facebook Help Centre discussion pages missing the "+ New question" button, so I can't ask questions.

Post by outbackyak Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:53 pm

Thanks for the quick answer! To tell you the truth, I doubt if I'll be using the facebook Help discussion section much from now on - this forum is infinitely preferable, and I've received useful answers to the two questions I've asked so far.

I'll post that bug report, but I doubt if it will ever get acted on - facebook seems to be very unresponsive to bug reports, and there are unsolved bugs going back months on the Known Issues page. I think maybe they are a victim of their own incredible growth rate - growing so fast that they just can't keep up with the problems.

Thanks!
outbackyak
outbackyak
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down