Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hacked account

2 posters

Go down

Hacked account Empty No verification methods are currently available. Please come back later.

Post by cshel1970 Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:18 pm

i have been locked out for a week, i rested my account for three days and was hacked...the whole way this started was i was hacked, got it back and then got locked out
cshel1970
cshel1970
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Hacked account Empty Hacked account

Post by cshel1970 Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:05 am

i just submitted the contact form and i replied to their email with a screenshot as they requested...i will let you know what happens
cshel1970
cshel1970
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Hacked account Empty Re: Hacked account

Post by Ruby Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:58 am

Posts split merged and moved

Sounds like someone other than you knows your Facebook log in details and /or you are using a shared computer to access Facebook

Is that assumption correct?

Also if you got hacked while 'resting ' the account...how do you know it was hacked if you were not logging into it ?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by cshel1970 Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:43 pm

Hi Ruby,

my hotmail was hacked first then my facebook....while i was resting it, i was still getting notifications and i got a password change notification. the IP was in the philipines and my name was changed as was my birthday, but i was able to get it back and change the password again, but i am still locked out. Since Friday when i submitted the contact form and replied to the autoresponder as they instructed, i have heard nothing and I am still locked out
cshel1970
cshel1970
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:08 pm

Unfortunately you say nothing about the Protection you have on the one computer you use to access Facebook?

i got a password change notification

You I assume told them on the email link that you had not requested this change ?

If so such action on your part should have 'secured' the Facebook account for you enabling you to sort out the security or lack of on that one computer ...

It is vital that the computer has correct protection on it or you will get hacked again and again and again ....
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by cshel1970 Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:30 pm

yes i did tell them, but that did not get me back in...i am still getting the same message, "No verification methods are currently available. Please come back later."

my computer was not hacked...just my facebook
cshel1970
cshel1970
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:35 am

You still do not say what, if any, Protection you have on that one computer you use to access Facebook ?

What antivirus Protection is on it ( what program do you think is on there that is an antivirus program?)?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by cshel1970 Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:26 am

what does that have to do with my question? i have monitored ID and NMS. My computer was not hacked.

My only question is how do i get my facebook unblocked? i keep getting the message, "No verification methods are currently available. Please come back later."
cshel1970
cshel1970
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:52 am

cshel1970 wrote:what does that have to do with my question?
I asked that question for a good reason ...

Do you have any antivirus Protection on that computer?

How often do you still try to log into Facebook ?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by cshel1970 Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:08 pm

i told you i have manage IDS and my computer was not hacked.

i have tried every other day after not trying for 4 days...how long should i rest it?
cshel1970
cshel1970
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:34 am

Is this a privately owned computer or part of a Network in a Business environment ?

How often do you attempt to log into Facebook ?

Have you yet 'rested' the attempts for at least a week yet?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by cshel1970 Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:57 pm

Is this a privately owned computer or part of a Network in a Business environment ?

both

How often do you attempt to log into Facebook ?

i have not in 2 days

Have you yet 'rested' the attempts for at least a week yet?

this is what i am doing now
cshel1970
cshel1970
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:20 am

cshel1970 wrote:Is this a privately owned computer or part of a Network in a Business environment ?

both

Does that mean that you own the computer but it is linked to a Business Network ?

Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by cshel1970 Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:37 pm

i own the computer and it is on the company network 99% of the time
cshel1970
cshel1970
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:30 am

If you own that computer that means you have Admin rights to access it?

We need to look to see what may be on it as it is possible it has been compromised by another machine on the Network; a Network is only as' good 'as those who run it and can be easily 'compromised'

I strongly suggest you download these programs then disconnect the machine from the Network and run these scans; do be aware that this scans can take strongly suggest you download this program then disconnect the machine from the Network and run this scan; do be aware that this scan can take several hours to run a full computer scan so...be prepared!!!

Disclaimer ; Run at your own risk
Please download [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and save it to your Desktop.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.

• Make sure you are connected to the Internet.

• Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
  • When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
  • When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:

• Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    • Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

• Then click Finish.
MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.

• If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.

On the Scanner tab:

• Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.
  • Then click on the Scan button.
  • If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
  • The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.
  • When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
  • Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.
Back at the main Scanner screen:

• Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.
  • The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
  • Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.
  • Exit MBAM when done.
Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.

Superantispyware

Disclaimer; Run at your own risk

Please download and scan with [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

• Double-click SUPERAntiSypware.exe and use the default settings for installation.
  • An icon will be created on your Desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.
  • If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates".

• In the Main Menu, click the Preferences... button.
  • Click the "General and Startup" tab, and under Start-up Options, make sure "Start SUPERAntiSpyware when Windows starts" box is unchecked.
  • Click the "Scanning Control" tab, and under Scanner Options, make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):

• Close browsers before scanning.
    • Scan for tracking cookies.
    • Terminate memory threats before quarantining.

• Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen and exit the program.
  • Do not run a scan just yet.
Reboot your computer in "[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]" using the F8 method.

To do this, restart your computer and after hearing your computer beep once during startup (but before the Windows icon appears) press the F8 key repeatedly. A menu will appear with several options. Use the arrow keys to navigate and select the option to run Windows in "Safe Mode".

Scan with SUPERAntiSpyware as follows:

• Launch the program and back on the main screen, under "Scan for Harmful Software" click Scan your computer.
  • On the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.
  • On the right, under "Complete Scan", choose Perform Complete Scan and click "Next".
  • After the scan is complete, a Scan Summary box will appear with potentially harmful items that were detected. Click "OK".
  • Make sure everything has a checkmark next to it and click "Next".
  • A notification will appear that "Quarantine and Removal is Complete". Click "OK" and then click the "Finish" button to return to the main menu.
  • If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes" and reboot normally.
  • To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.

• Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.
    • Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
    • If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log. A text file will open in your default text editor.
    • Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply.

• Click Close to exit the program.

Plus; do you have a different machine that is stand- alone that you can use also ?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by cshel1970 Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:37 pm

so is this forum just a way to sell anti spam and anti malware? cuz you really dont seem interested in helping me with my problem
cshel1970
cshel1970
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:24 pm

Exactly what do these refer to please?

i have monitored ID and NMS.

cshel1970 wrote:so is this forum just a way to sell anti spam and anti malware?

Both programs are free so I am not sure from where you got the idea of trying to sell you anitspyware?

cuz you really dont seem interested in helping me with my problem

Your' problem 'is that you have your own computer but it is attached to a Network 98% of the time?
The Protection on the Network is only as good as those who sourced it and put it on the Network and seek to keep it updated

Another question has to be...what is your OS and how, if at all ,is it Protected when on- line and not part of the Network ?

Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by cshel1970 Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:23 pm

you just dont get it...my computer was not hacked and you keep trying to solve a problem that is non-existent...MY ONLY ISSUE IS GETTING ACCESS TO MY FACEBOOK ACCOUNT...

even if you were right, and i did everything you said to PROTECT my computer that WILL NOT get me access to my facebook account

please help me with the PROBLEM I HAVE COME FOR HELP ON, not the one you have invented...i do not need your help with anti-virus or malware or security for my computer or for my network

i need help getting access to my facebook account which is currently blocked and when i try to log in (today was the first time in 7 days and still the same message)

cshel1970
cshel1970
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:48 pm

It would be appreciated if you could refrain from the use of CAPS please as this is considered as shouting

Is this the Protection you have on that machine?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And to what does this refer please?

i have monitored ID

Unfortunately I do not see any antivirus Protection at all on the Network or on your machine; if neither is present then you have no Protection against infections and your computer may be infected..

Who owns the Network and who protects it?

How many other machines are on it and do any of them also have problems ?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:55 pm

Sent from Hacked to abandoned; Poster has been on the forum since thread was last posted to and there has been no contribution or feedback so assumed now abandoned and help no longer requested; please repost if help still needed
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum