Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Disabled account

4 posters

Go down

Disabled account Empty Disabled account

Post by gwright2803 Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:51 pm

I went to log onto my Facebook account on Monday morning and was confronted by a red box informing me that my account has been disabled !
I wrote to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] asking what had happened and I got a preset reply directing me to read the statement of terms of service.
I have read these and there is nothing there that I have been in contravention of so I am really confused !
I have had a bit of a problem with a certain individual on Facebook and I was wondering...If he got enough of his friends to report me for something or another. Does Facebook disable the account BEFORE these claims have been proven to be true or false ?
Is it an automated system is what I am asking ! I have appealed and several people have also written in on my behalf. That was 3 days ago though, and I have heard nothing.
Anybodies input on this would be gratefuly appreciated.
Best wishes.
Graham.
gwright2803
gwright2803
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Disabled account Empty Re: Disabled account

Post by Admin Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:33 pm

Facebook always have a look at reports before banning. Can you copy and paste the message you get when trying to login, please?

Thanks
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by gwright2803 Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:46 pm

Here's the message I get.
Thank's.
Graham.

'Account Disabled
Your account has been disabled. If you have any questions or concerns, you can visit our FAQ page here.'
gwright2803
gwright2803
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by gwright2803 Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:58 pm

The question is..........Is 'disabling' a permanent end to the account ?
gwright2803
gwright2803
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:02 pm

gwright2803 wrote:The question is..........Is 'disabling' a permanent end to the account ?

It can be. Facebook Forum
Josh
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:00 pm

It can be, or not. You didn't seem to get a message with a reason. When my account got disabled, it said it was disabled because of "spam" (F** you Facebook Bot!!) even though I haven't posted anything or even chatted with someone.

Anyways, can I know why would someone report you? Did you do anything against Facebook's ToS?

Thanks
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by gwright2803 Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:00 pm

No. Thats the thing. I read everything in the terms of service and there's nothing that I have contravened ! Several people have messaged Facebook as well as me writing to them enquiring as to why I was banned but so far nobody has heard anythingt from them ! They seem to be ignoring everything to do with it !
gwright2803
gwright2803
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by gwright2803 Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:38 am

The admin team at Fb just don't seem to care !
Maybe they are acting on the ethos that, because it's free, people don't matter ! All they are interested in is revenue from advertisers ! Sad
gwright2803
gwright2803
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:59 pm

Well Facebook has over 500 millon users, it's not easy to help them all Happy Please be patient.
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:07 am

Assumed solved; Moved to Solved
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content