Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

sign in problem

4 posters

Go down

sign in  problem Empty sign in problem

Post by zfirecat Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:59 pm

I tried to change password, and now I keep getting pictures of people I do not recognize as security questions.

I started my account without knowing much about facebook and most of the people are web connections I have never met, so I do not know most of them. I was considering closing the account and starting over, but I can't even sign in to do that.

I am so glad to find this forum as I have been trying for almost 3 weeks and have not had any answers from FB.

Any help is appreciated.
zfirecat
zfirecat
Prospect

Back to top Go down

sign in  problem Empty Re: sign in problem

Post by Admin Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:05 pm

=> Moved from General to Account Issues

Hey there, and welcome to Facebook Forum ^^

Is this a roadblock issue?
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:05 pm

You say you have been trying for ?? 3 weeks??

what happend to need to do this
What forms have you already tried ?

Do you still have access to your Facebook emaill address and can you still send and recieve emails from it?

Assuming that you do have you yet met and filled in this form?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Also. may one ask why you were trying to change the password and were /are you communicating with Facebook on a private or a shared computer ?

Is the private computer properly protected with antivirus program?

Do you use any P2P software eg Limewire ??
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by zfirecat Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:27 pm

Hello Ruby, I was visiting my parents and used their computer to sign in. Since it didn't work I tried to change the password, then since I got home I filled in the form you referenced and I keep getting the questions I can't answer. I have sent multiple emails and screenshots to FB with no response.

(Is the private computer properly protected with antivirus program?) YES

(Do you use any P2P software eg Limewire ??) NO.

I never used a facebook email, but I am getting emails from them to my gmail account.

zfirecat
zfirecat
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:57 am

Hi zfirecat,

zfirecat wrote:I filled in the form you referenced and I keep getting the questions I can't answer.
what questions specificly are you being asked?
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by zfirecat Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:36 pm

Tim, I can't yet send PMs. I keep getting pictures of people I don't know. I think I may actually want to close the account and start over. I never have used it much and most of the "friends" are not personal, just web connections friends of friends etc.

Thanks for your response. I am on PDT time and have had to be away from my computer. After 3 weeks of working on this issue, and no response from FB I have been a bit frustrated.
zfirecat
zfirecat
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:07 pm

Cool, I'm PST as well!

The photo security check you're currently faced with is to protect your account from unauthorized logins. You can submit a report to facebook on the following link, letting them know you don't recognize anyone in the photo check.

Once you regain access to your account, you can then decide whether to close it and start over again, or continue to use it Happy
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by zfirecat Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:44 pm

Thanks Tim, I tried it before, hope it works this time.

best,
Jeannette
zfirecat
zfirecat
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:57 pm

zfirecat wrote:Hello Ruby, I was visiting my parents and used their computer to sign in.

Facebook likes to verify you when you try to log in at a different location to normal
So it probably rejected the attempt to log in as you did not give them the detail they needed???
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:43 pm

So that Members know which topics still require assistance, would you please let us know within 3 days if this is still a problem

If no reply is received this thread will be Locked and Moved to Solved without further notification; thanks

Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

sign in  problem Empty sign in problem

Post by zfirecat Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:20 pm

I had submitted this previously.

I just tried this link.

I have submitted several times to FB I do not know the people in the pictures, so they say wait an hour. So far the only replies I have received have been form emails having asking me to sign in, same loop over and over again.

I have been tying now for several weeks.
zfirecat
zfirecat
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:27 pm

As the problem seems to be the same one, I have merged your new topic with your old one.

Hi zfirecat,

Due to Facebook's large database, it may take them a while to get back to you. We'll have to wait for their response to see what they say, since you cannot verify your friends with the automated system.
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:47 am

I know it sounds a bit bizzare, but it has been suggested elsewhere that if you try a different web browser it might help to get you back into Facebook .....

Which browsers do you have there?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by zfirecat Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:11 pm

Good idea Ruby, but I tried to change my password since then, and I believe it changed it even though I couldn't sign in to test it because of the picture identification problem. Do you know if there is another way to get an identity test besides the pictures?
zfirecat
zfirecat
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:18 pm

zfirecat wrote:Good idea Ruby, but I tried to change my password since then, and I believe it changed it even though I couldn't sign in to test it because of the picture identification problem. Do you know if there is another way to get an identity test besides the pictures?

(
Do you know if there is another way to get an identity test
...my impish sense of humour might suggest the Passport Office or Border Patrol Office!!)

That tends to suggest you did get into Facebook ..

Do you have more than one browser and have you tried a different one yet?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by zfirecat Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:10 pm

No I was unable to get in after I changed the password, due to the picture problem.

However I did just sign up for a new account on a different email, so I could get in there and try to find more avenues, but after reading, i guess I should just close the new account.

I really want to close the old one, if only I could sign in.... I would.
zfirecat
zfirecat
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:36 pm

Changing a password should really present with no problems and you should get an email from Facebook advising you of the requested change

Did you get that with your original attempt?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by zfirecat Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:48 pm

Yes, but I was visiting in another state.
zfirecat
zfirecat
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:04 pm

zfirecat wrote:Yes, but I was visiting in another state.

so...have you accessed Facebook since you came back from that other state ?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by zfirecat Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:46 pm

No I couldn't. I have been sending fb reports since July 12 or before.
zfirecat
zfirecat
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:13 am

Assuming the account is now disabled please read [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

and try that ;specifically

You must send an e-mail to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and privacy+ynyqsy1@support.facebook.com if you want to get your account back. A short message asking for a re-activation of your account would probably be helpful. Note: Send the e-mail from the address you are registered in Facebook.
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:56 pm

So that Members know which topics still require assistance, would you please let us know within 3 days if this is still a problem

If no reply is received this thread will be Locked and Moved to Solved without further notification; thanks

Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down