Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mobile verification, Old phone number

2 posters

Go down

Mobile verification, Old phone number Empty Mobile verification, Old phone number

Post by kidkool88 Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:28 pm

Okay so I have read through MANY of the posts on this problem and I'm having the same problem. About a week ago I was on my facebook in the morning then I logged out. When I tried to log back in it told me that there was a login attempt on my account from a suspicious location. When I get to the verification section, the only option it gives me is to verify via sms but the phone number is my old cell phone number and I don't even have a cell phone at the moment. I can't change the number and I see that many people just one day magically had the option to use a land line so I'm hoping I will get that option eventually. I have sent emails to all the addresses I can find on this forum that people have suggested, politely stating my problem and begging them to help me fix it. Of course I have not had any replies... One thing that changed though was up until today, if I could click on send an sms to mobile phone, down at the bottom it would say use an alternative method. I would click on that link and it would just loop me back to the page where using a cell phone is the only method, even though there was supposed to be an alternative... Now when I click on using a cell phone sms, the link saying to use an alternative method never comes up anymore. Here's a couple s/s so you can see what happens when I move along. Is there something I have missed? Or is pretty much my only option to wait until they will let me use a landline (PLEASE!!! Happy. Thanks for any feedback in advance! Kyle

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Hi,

Thanks for your email. We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing these issues with our site. Unfortunately, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] is no longer a supported channel for Facebook help. Please refer to our Help Center for answers to common questions, solutions to technical issues, feedback from other Facebook users, and forms to contact Facebook. You can reach the Help Center by selecting "Help" at the bottom of any Facebook page or going to the following page:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Note that this is an automated response, and replies to this email will not be viewed.

Thanks,

The Facebook Team

That is the email I got back from info+ou6opp at support.facebook.com. Just thought I'd let everyone know

Moved from Mobile Verification to Disabled section

Last edited by Ruby on Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:37 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Got an email back from FB, autoresponse)
kidkool88
kidkool88

Back to top Go down

Mobile verification, Old phone number Empty Re: Mobile verification, Old phone number

Post by kidkool88 Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:07 pm

And finally today just like magic, it simply let me confirm that someone tried to login from a location I don't recognize, change my password and I'm back in. I honestly don't know what fixed it here...
kidkool88
kidkool88

Back to top Go down

Mobile verification, Old phone number Empty Re: Mobile verification, Old phone number

Post by Ruby Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:30 pm

solved
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down