Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fitting my forumotion site into FB iframe

2 posters

Go down

Fitting my forumotion site into FB iframe Empty Fitting my forumotion site into FB iframe

Post by jharris Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:57 pm

I found this site through your profile link on forumotion and hope you can help.

I have enabled FB Connect and that part is working fine. It's developing the application in FB that I have a problem with. I have two forumotion sites, and have made some progress with my one of them, the Poet Share application. However it does not display correctly in the iframe and even using the tool provided (https://developers.facebook.com/docs/reference/fbml/iframe)
that you directed someone else to, I cannot figure it out. Here is how it currently displays:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I'm hoping there's a way to get a "show fullscreen" button like Farmville and other applications have but my html knowledge is limited.

I saw in another response to a help request that you referred them to Javascript SDK but I don't know where to put that . . .

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

Jamie
jharris
jharris

Back to top Go down

Fitting my forumotion site into FB iframe Empty Re: Fitting my forumotion site into FB iframe

Post by Admin Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:17 am

Okay, after doing some testing, I think I got it. Depending on your page's resolution, your application will show the proper or unproper iFrame size.

Take a look at this Test Application I created - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It uses a page as iFrame and shows it fullsize. How? Go to your app > Edit settings > Facebook Integration > Canvas URL. I chose [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] as my page. Be sure to choose:

Canvas Type: iFrame
IFrame Size: Auto-resize

If your page's width or height is too large, your Application won't show up correctly... as far as I know, there's a limit for App's canvas pages sizes.

As for other apps... Pet Society also uses an iframe which is loaded here - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

FarmVille is a little more complicated. Their iFrame even made me laugh Tongue [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], you should see a "ok" message. No idea how they did that!

The point is your page must exceed the width's or height's limits Wink
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down