Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Someone posting as me

3 posters

Go down

Someone posting as me Empty Someone posting as me

Post by tainted333 Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:45 pm

Dear all,

I've never had Facebook, Ive refrained in what now seems like a futile attempt to not be publicly embarrassed by the people who attend my college alongside me. Recently however, I have found that some of these have found a picture of me and with it have started an account with some rather unsavory comments. My question is:

Is there anyone I can email or talk to about closing the account? I don't see how these people can be allowed to continue posing as me...

Thanks in advance for the help.
tainted333
tainted333
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Someone posting as me Empty Re: Someone posting as me

Post by Ruby Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:51 pm

Moved from General to Facebook support Privacy section ( we do not give any Facebook support in the General Section as the note in blue in that section stated )

Are you saying that a Facebook account not in your name is making false accusations about you ?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by tainted333 Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:53 pm

A Facebook account that is made about ME, by someone else is yes, adding lots of friends and making false accusations.
tainted333
tainted333
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:56 pm

tainted333 wrote:A Facebook account that is made about ME, by someone else is yes, adding lots of friends and making false accusations.

Please clarify; you do not actually have a Facebook account?

Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by tainted333 Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:57 pm

I do NOT have a Facebook account, however I was forced into making a dummy one to search for myself when I was told what was going on.
tainted333
tainted333
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:06 pm

Suggest you first try either of these methods

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

If someone has created an account to impersonate or imitate you, please go to the impostor profile and click "Report/block this person" at the bottom of the left column. Check the "Report this Person" box, choose "Fake Profile" as the reason, and add "Impersonating me or someone else" as the report type. Be sure to add a valid web address (URL) leading to the real profile so that we can review the information.

The best way to flag abusive content on the site is to use the "Report" links that appear near the content itself. When a report is submitted, we will review it and take any action warranted by our Statement of Rights and Responsibilities. To submit a report, please take the steps listed below:

Report a profile: Go to the profile and click the "Report/Block this Person" link that appears in the left column below the profile photo.
Report a photo: Go to the specific photo and click the "Report This Photo" link that appears below the photo.
Report an Inbox message: View the message and click the "Report Message" link that appears below the sender’s name. Note that you can only report messages from non-friends.
Report a group or event: Go to its main page and click the "Report" link that appears below the group or event photo.
Report a Page: View the Page and click the "Report Page" link that appears in the left column below the Page photo.

We also recommend that you consider blocking the user involved in the report. People you block won't be able to find you in searches, view your profile, or contact you with pokes, Wall posts, or personal messages. You can block people by adding their names to your block list at the bottom of the Privacy page, or by checking "Block this person" when you report them. These people will not be notified when you block them, and any existing ties you have with them will be removed.

For all reports, be sure to follow the instructions carefully when choosing the report category.
/help/?faq=13247

Plus
You may find this form of more 'value' for your purpose...

Please let us know how you get on ?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by tainted333 Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:13 pm

Thanks a lot!

Is it definite this will get the page taken down? Or do I need to go through a bunch of other steps?
tainted333
tainted333
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:25 pm

tainted333 wrote:Thanks a lot!

Is it definite this will get the page taken down? Or do I need to go through a bunch of other steps?

Sadly with Facebook nothing is definite until it 'happens' ..but do let us know how you get on?

And FYI

Is the main place where Facebook has links to sections for help issues ...it is a question of rummaging in there to find what you need ( and a knack of knowing in which section that info might be!!)
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by tainted333 Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:39 pm

Will do, thanks for the help.
tainted333
tainted333
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:45 pm

tainted333 wrote:Will do, thanks for the help.

Most welcome;

Mod note

Thread left open for feedback
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by iMeow Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:55 am

Since the original poster has not replied in 1 week, this topic will be moved to "Awaiting Reply" section. You have 3 days to reply or this will be further moved to "solved". Please, only the original poster may post further feedback.
iMeow
iMeow
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down