Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Link from web page directly to Facebook.

2 posters

Go down

Link from web page directly to Facebook. Empty Link from web page directly to Facebook.

Post by punzzles Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:20 am

The little bit of information I've found does not help. I tried creating a 'Page Badge'. I copied the code created but when I click the link, it asks for a userid and password. I just want to place a link on the web page so users can click and go directly to the I 've create. Can someone tell me, VERY SPECIFICALLY, how to do this? I've created web pages with links but this is obviously different. Thanks.
punzzles
punzzles
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Link from web page directly to Facebook. Empty Re: Link from web page directly to Facebook.

Post by Admin Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:08 am

1. When you click what link?
2. Do you own a Facebook personal account to admin your page?
3. Can you post the HTML code here, between the code tags?

Code:
[code]Your code goes here[/code]
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Link from web page directly to Facebook. Empty Re: Link from web page directly to Facebook.

Post by punzzles Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:47 am

1. The link I created on the web page with the code that was generated when I created the Page Badge, then clicked the + Other button. I copied this coded to the web page which created my link. I click on this link and it brings me to the Page I created but it also says 'Sign Up'. (page name) is on Facebook, and it has my email/password in the upper right corner with a login button. I don't see this on other sites that have links to Facebook.

2. Yes. I have a Facebook personal acount.

3. Code:
(!-- Facebook Badge START --)(a href="https://www.facebook.com/pages/Nostalgia-Ville/165297433507142" target="_TOP" style="font-family: "lucida grande",tahoma,verdana,arial,sans-serif; font-size: 11px; font-variant: normal; font-style: normal; font-weight: normal; color: #3B5998; text-decoration: none;" title="Nostalgia-Ville")Nostalgia-Ville(/a)(br/)(a href="https://www.facebook.com/pages/Nostalgia-Ville/165297433507142" target="_TOP" title="Nostalgia-Ville")(img src="https://badge.facebook.com/badge/165297433507142.1272.636561013.png" width="120" height="167" style="border: 0px;" /)(/a)(br/)
punzzles
punzzles
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:59 am

That's because you need to log in with your personal account first.

You'll see this while you're logged out.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And this once you login.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by punzzles Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:58 am

Ok. Forgive my ignorance. I have never set up this type of link. Maybe I am not setting up what I think I am setting up. What I want is for visitors to my (future) web site to be able to click on the Facebook link on my page, and it brings them directly to this (?) page which will have, maybe, special sales or other info. No logging in or passwords on anyone's part.
I guess I'm not sure why I would have to be logged in, myself. I've seen sites where you just click their "Follow us on Facrebook" link and you go straight to their facebook page with no 'sign up' or 'login' messages.

Thanks for your help.
punzzles
punzzles
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by punzzles Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:16 pm

Actually, the more I look at this, I think I'm finally getting what you said. It just looks different from others I have been looking at. If I am not logged in to my own personal Facebook account, it will show the Sign up/Login to Facebook option on the Nostalgia-Ville Facebook (or any other Facebook) screen but I will still able to view the Nostalgia-Ville screen. Otherwise, the only difference is that I don't see the Sign up/Login.

I think I was making this more difficult than it actually is. I guess I had it but didn't realize it. Correct?

Thanks again.

punzzles
punzzles
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:07 pm

Actually, the more I look at this, I think I'm finally getting what you said. It just looks different from others I have been looking at. If I am not logged in to my own personal Facebook account, it will show the Sign up/Login to Facebook option on the Nostalgia-Ville Facebook (or any other Facebook) screen but I will still able to view the Nostalgia-Ville screen. Otherwise, the only difference is that I don't see the Sign up/Login.

I think I was making this more difficult than it actually is. I guess I had it but didn't realize it. Correct?

Thanks again.

Exactly, you got my point Happy Eyes While being logged out, you will always see a 'Sign Up' box, on pages, groups, applications, and basically on every Facebook page. Now if you login, you will see the 'Like' button instead of the 'Sign up' box. It's not as complicated, as you said... there's only 1 link to your page, and that link can look like the 2 images above depending if you're logged in or out Wink

I guess this problem is solved now? Happy
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by punzzles Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:03 pm

Seems to be. I'll just be looking at adding information/photos, etc. to the page as I proceed with the site.

I appreciate the help.
punzzles
punzzles
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:05 pm

No probs Wink

=> Solved
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down