Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Moving a facebook place? Help!

3 posters

Go down

Moving a facebook place? Help! Empty Moving a facebook place? Help!

Post by robtinbc Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:37 pm

Hello,

I work at islandnet.com and we have a facebook page at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

We also have a places page but on my facebook app on the cell when I am at the location the place does not show up but the place is correct on Facebook from what I can tell except the bing map shows us in downtown Victoria which we are not.

I looked at Bing and searched for us and we have several listings none of which I can seem to claim or relocate and some of which are taken from a yellowpages listing again which I have tried to claim and correct, see for example:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I think the root of my issue stemmed from me being at the correct location but on a web browser on a computer going to touch.facebook.com and creating the place (didnt have a phone at the time) The IP of the network was still registered at our downtown location and so I believe it may have fixed the place as downtown.

I have yet to try going downtown to our old office and trying to checkin.

Help.
Rob Turner

Moved from Facebook Mobile to Facebook Support Mobile section ( I think for this one )

Last edited by Ruby on Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Moved to more appropriate section of Forum)
robtinbc
robtinbc

Back to top Go down

Moving a facebook place? Help! Empty Re: Moving a facebook place? Help!

Post by Tim Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:20 pm

Hi Rob,

So if I understand correctly, when you try to check in on Facebook Places via mobile your location does not show up?

It does seem as though Facebook Places may have fixed your spot in downtown, instead of in Langford. When you created the place on your computer (via touch.facebook.com) were you accessing the internet from your previous downtown location?

On the bing link you mentioned though, it pinpoints your location (I believe correctly) in Langford instead of downtown Victoria. It doesn't appear to show me any additional listings either.

But looking at your business page, under the 'Info' section the map shows your business all the way in Nova Scotia - do you get that too?
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by robtinbc Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:20 pm

I checked the Info page on the Facebook Business page and it states Victoria, BC and not Nova Scotia, I changed the settings to something else and then back and it states that for places to reflect a change you need to wait a while:

Note: If you are updating the location of your page, it may take a few hours for Places users to see your new location.

Here is hoping thats the end of it.

Ill wait and try it again tomorrow.
robtinbc
robtinbc

Back to top Go down

Post by robtinbc Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:22 pm

Originally when I used touch.facebook.com ot was from a computer browser and the IP range when you look it up using IP whois shows downtown location which we moved from.

I would like to also get this information changed to the current location.
robtinbc
robtinbc

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:52 pm

Seems like you can only change the information in your place for a certain amount of time: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Perhaps try following the instructions in the above link to see if you can still edit anything.
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by iMeow Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:42 pm

This topic has been moved from Mobile & Notifications Support to Awaiting Reply since the Original Poster has not replied within a week. If the OP does not reply within 3 more days, this will then be moved to Abandoned. Please, only the OP may reply.
iMeow
iMeow
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down