Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Integrate News Ticker in to your homepage

3 posters

Go down

Integrate News Ticker in to your homepage Empty Integrate News Ticker in to your homepage

Post by yoxxxat Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:47 am

Hi
I wanna Integrate a newsticker under a FBML tab in my facebook fan page, it should update itself. is that possible?
thx for the helop
yoxxxat
yoxxxat
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Integrate News Ticker in to your homepage Empty Re: Integrate News Ticker in to your homepage

Post by Admin Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:45 am

I'm not sure what you mean by a "News Ticker". Could you please share an example? Very Happy
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Integrate News Ticker in to your homepage Empty Live feed

Post by yoxxxat Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:34 am

I mean something like a live feed, a ticker which updates himself, like for sportevents or interactive stockcharts etc.
yoxxxat
yoxxxat
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Integrate News Ticker in to your homepage Empty Re: Integrate News Ticker in to your homepage

Post by Admin Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:37 am

That could be done with one of Google's RSS readers. What exactly do you need this to show? World News? Sport News? Weather?
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yoxxxat Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:02 am

I need a model stock portfolio, which i would like to integrate in my fan page. The stock prices should update itself. I ve got the example stock portfolio on my website but i would like to integrate it on fb.
yoxxxat
yoxxxat
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:03 am

Leave the link to the portfolio on your website so that I can have a look, please. Happy
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yoxxxat Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:14 am

the website isnt on yet. but is it technically possible to integrate such a thing in fb? something that updates himself. how does it work, putting the programm in html and then integrating it in in an fbml tab at facebook?
yoxxxat
yoxxxat
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by yoxxxat Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:59 am

??
yoxxxat
yoxxxat
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:15 pm

Sorry for not getting back to you shortly. Happy

The easiest way I can think of is using iFrames. You could create a separate webpage on your website that has the stock prices, and add them on Facebook and on your site using iFrames. Then, anytime you'd have to edit them, you'd only edit that page.

To add it onto your website...

Code:
<iframe src="LINK_TO_PAGE" height="HEIGHT_IN_PIXELS" width="WIDTH_IN_PIXELS" scrolling="no">Your web browser doesn't support iFrames.</iframe>

To add it onto your Facebook page, you must use Static FBML. In order to know how, in case you don't, please read [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. The code you must use is the following one...

I'm afraid after some research, I found out these tags no longer work. Thanks, Facebook Devs!

Code:
<fb:iframe></fb:iframe>

Scripts don't work either... well, this is going to be tough. I'll try to see what I can do, but can't promess anything. Sorry. Duhhh
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:44 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down