Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recipient can't read messages sent from 0.facebook.com

2 posters

Go down

Recipient can't read messages sent from 0.facebook.com Empty Recipient can't read messages sent from 0.facebook.com

Post by mumusaur Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:06 pm

Hi,

New to the comunity Happy

I got a problem... Sad
After changing from the "old" facebook messaging system to the new facebook social inbox, recipients of my messages cannot read them when sent from my mobile phone when using either 0.facebook.com or m.facebook.com. I myself can see the messages in the threads on the normal facebook site and from my mobile, but the recipients can't.
I tried it from a "dummy phone" samsung d900i and from my android motorola milestone using both wifi and 2G/3G.
I can receive messages normaly and every other facebook functionality from my mobile is not impared.

Thanks in advance,
Mumusaur

Moved from Other Problems to Mobile Support.
mumusaur
mumusaur
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Recipient can't read messages sent from 0.facebook.com Empty Re: Recipient can't read messages sent from 0.facebook.com

Post by iMeow Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:41 pm

Do you still have a problem with this?
iMeow
iMeow
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Recipient can't read messages sent from 0.facebook.com Empty Re: Recipient can't read messages sent from 0.facebook.com

Post by mumusaur Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:41 pm

Yes, I do. But i noticed that one of my friends got the new social inbox too and he and I can exchange messages.
I believe that once everyone gets the new social inbox, the problem will vanish.
mumusaur
mumusaur
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by iMeow Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:55 am

I've tried sending a message to and from my phones: Sony Ericsson W910i and SE W995 using 0.facebook.com as well as m.facebook.com | I was able to receive them just fine. May I know what network you and your recipients are subscribed to?
iMeow
iMeow
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by mumusaur Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:43 am

Well I dont believe it has something to do with my network because the same problem occurs over wifi.

But im in Croatia, and im using T-mobile. The recipients are TELE2 and T-mobile mainly, but they cannot see messages sent from my phones when viewing them on the computer or phone.

I think that the problem is that Croatia is a small market (4.5 million people ~1 million facebook members), and we get updates somewhat later, so I believe that the problem lies within facebook itself. Maybe the servers for Croatia are the problem or something like that Duhhh
mumusaur
mumusaur
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by iMeow Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:31 am

It could be a problem with your servers. Have you tried contacting Facebook about this? Or ask anyone else from your country if they have experienced the same problem?
iMeow
iMeow
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by mumusaur Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:51 am

Yes, I have, but the problem was just submitted. They dont reply, so I dont know what the use of that is.

As I said, one friend has this new social inbox and he can't send it either, but, he can send to someone who has made a profile recently.

It is very confusing.
mumusaur
mumusaur
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by iMeow Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:45 pm

By saying new social inbox, do you mean the new messaging system?
iMeow
iMeow
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by mumusaur Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:27 pm

Yes, I mean that. That is how Zucherberg reffers to it.

By the way, my GF got the new system too, so I can send messages to her too, one thing I could not do the last couple of months.
mumusaur
mumusaur
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by iMeow Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:47 pm

So has that fixed your problem?
iMeow
iMeow
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by mumusaur Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:46 am

Well to be honest, it has. But for only 2 friends, the other 200 or so still cant receive my messages.
mumusaur
mumusaur
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by iMeow Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:31 pm

It seems that the sender and the recipient should be using the same messaging system. Are you and your recipients using the new messaging system? (The one where even chats are seen in your inbox)
iMeow
iMeow
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by iMeow Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:45 am

This topic has been moved from Mobile & Notifications Support to Awaiting Reply since the OP has not replied within a week. If the original poster does not reply within 3 more days, this topic will then be moved to "abandoned". Please, only the original poster may reply.
iMeow
iMeow
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down