Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Solved] Facebook Page's tab added through iFrame not visible while logged out

3 posters

Go down

[Solved] Facebook Page's tab added through iFrame not visible while logged out Empty [Solved] Facebook Page's tab added through iFrame not visible while logged out

Post by martycrum Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:11 pm

Hi,

I have set up a fan page using the iframe implementation for page tabs. I selected iframe in the app settings->Facebook integration and pointed it to the correct URL.

Everything works fine, the tab is on my fan page and people can see it.

However, when someone is logged out, when they click on my page tab, the iframe doesn't seem to load.

Does anyone know if this is a bug, a security setting or what? Old static FBML fan pages were always viewable whether you were logged in or not.

My page is: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and click on "custom fan page" in the links on the bottom right.

Thanks,
Martin
martycrum
martycrum

Back to top Go down

[Solved] Facebook Page's tab added through iFrame not visible while logged out Empty Re: [Solved] Facebook Page's tab added through iFrame not visible while logged out

Post by Admin Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:56 pm

:welcometofbf:

Problem confirmed... Static FBML doesn't support iframes anymore. Are you adding this through an application that was added to your page?
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

[Solved] Facebook Page's tab added through iFrame not visible while logged out Empty Re: [Solved] Facebook Page's tab added through iFrame not visible while logged out

Post by martycrum Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:04 pm

Thanks for the reply.

I created a new application specifically for this fan page tab. I then went to the application profile page, clicked on "Add to my page" and then selected the Massive Leverage page. This added the new tab which now loads [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] in an iframe.

I don't use any static FBML, just the new iframe option in the applications 'page tab' settings.
martycrum
martycrum

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:16 pm

Your problem seems to be related to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], IMO. Some pages' walls weren't visible while logged out... now it's back to normal.

Please report this problem using the same report link given on that topic. Wink
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by martycrum Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:39 pm

Yeah, I had checked out that thread previously and thought it might be related. I wasn't sure though if there was some settings change i may have missed.

I have logged the bug now so it's with the facebook gods :-)
martycrum
martycrum

Back to top Go down

[Solved] Facebook Page's tab added through iFrame not visible while logged out Empty Can't see iframe page when not logged in

Post by Sharkbite Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:56 pm

I have set up an iframe app. When I am not logged in I cannot see it, why?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Sharkbite
Sharkbite
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:20 pm

I've merged both of your topics since you're having the exact same issue. Wink

Please report this issue to Facebook Developers. Read [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Additionally, you can use [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to get it noticed shortly.

Please let us know when it gets fixed for you. Very Happy
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharkbite Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:37 pm

Thanks,
I have sent to those forms, lets hope I get a response!
Cheers,
Paul
Sharkbite
Sharkbite
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by martycrum Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:51 pm

Me too.

Glad it's not just me having the issue, I thought I might have missed something with the new changes.
martycrum
martycrum

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharkbite Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:55 pm

So, not very helpful. This is the message I got back

Unfortunately this is a known bug on our Platform. You can subscribe to & track the bug here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I guess they assume everyone is logged on. Will have to follow.
Sharkbite
Sharkbite
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:59 pm

Hi everybody,

I have the same problem as discussed. I went to the bug page linked by Sharkbite, but it seems we only have to wait.

Did anyone get to normal logout viewing capability in the mean time?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:40 am

Hi,

The iframe found [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] works for me while being logged out. Happy

Problem solved for everybody? Very Happy
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharkbite Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:08 am

That link does not work for me while logged out.
Sharkbite
Sharkbite
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:09 am

The Listener wrote:Hi,

The iframe found [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] works for me while being logged out. Happy

Problem solved for everybody? Very Happy

For me too it doesn't work while logged out Sad

So the question is: why does it work for you?? Browser setting? Keep on wondering...

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:22 pm

Whoa, this is... awkward. The link doesn't work for me while being logged out... it used to, though, couple hours ago! Definitely not a cookies issue since I was on Chrome's cookies-free browser.

Guess we'll have to keep on waiting. Duhhh
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:38 pm

Anyhow, I receveid an alert from bug.developer.facebook saying that FB is very close to the bug solution. Let's keep the fingers crossed!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:40 pm

HEY HEY HEY!!

LOOK AT THIS POST!! LOOK AT THIS POST!! LOOK AT THIS POST!!

Here's the last update from the developers crew:

"http://bugs.developers.facebook.net/show_bug.cgi?id=15166

--- Comment #65 from Jason 2011-02-25 13:08:58 PDT ---
Unfortunately it's not a trivial bug fix, so we are planning to deploy it Sunday evening on

beta.facebook.com

for wider testing. More information on the Beta Tier here:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Please test against beta on Monday, and if all goes well we will aim for a site-wide release on Tuesday evening. Thank you."

Once again, let's keep fingers crossed! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharkbite Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:13 pm

It seems that the beta is working and will be implemented soon. Is there anything I need to do to my pages or will the update be automatic?
Sharkbite
Sharkbite
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharkbite Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:10 pm

Looks like this is done.
Sharkbite
Sharkbite
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down