Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

email address

3 posters

Go down

email address Empty email address

Post by Jessie711 Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:15 pm

I recently changed my email account from MSN to Qwest and have somehow managed to end up with two Facebook accounts. One with an msn.com and the other with a q.com email address. When I try and change the msn.com email to the q.com address I get a message saying the q.com address is associated with another Facebook account. I have disabled the q.com account but I’m getting the same message. If I delete the q.com Facebook account will I then be able to change the msn.com email to q.com email. Or is there a way of importing all of my contacts from the msn.com account into the q.com account.

Thanks for any help.
Jessie
Jessie711
Jessie711

Back to top Go down

email address Empty Re: email address

Post by Poke Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:09 pm

yes you can actually change the email adress to another one, go to account, account settings, then email click change then do new contact unless you did not active it before on your other email address. Hope this helps. Wink

Regards,

Poke
Poke
Poke
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie711 Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:07 pm

Thanks for the reply Poke.

I changed my Facebook email address from (msn.com) to (q.com) but instead of changing my email Facebook created a new account using the q.com email address.

Now when I try and change (msn.com) email to the (q.com) email I'm informed that I cannot use this email because it’s already associated with another account.

What I’m trying to find out is if I delete the account associated with q.com email address will I then be able to use that same email address to change the email address associated with the (msn.com) account?

Jessie
Jessie711
Jessie711

Back to top Go down

Post by Poke Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:16 pm

I think you should contact the facebook team maybe they can help you out! To answer your question yes if you delte your other account you can change your email address to the other one. Wink

Poke
Poke
Poke
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie711 Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:35 pm

Thanks Poke, can you tell me how I contact the Facebook team. I have been unable to find any reference for support on Facebook other than the Q & A. Is there an email address for the tech support?

Jessie

Last edited by Jessie711 on Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Jessie711
Jessie711

Back to top Go down

Post by Poke Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:42 pm

yes, here is [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Good Luck! Wink

Poke
Poke
Poke
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Fayde Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:11 am

Moved from Other Problems to Awaiting Reply

There has been no reply of this being solved for over a week.

If you do not reply to this thread within the next 3 days we will move this topic to the Abandoned Topic section without further notice.

Fayde
Fayde
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie711 Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:03 pm

I have deleted the Facebook account with the q.com email address but when I try and use it change the msn.com account email address I am still told that this email address is in use by another account.

I contacted Facebook technical support on March 8th using the two addresses given me by Poke. I had an acknowledgement that they had received my enquiry but to date I have not been given any solution to my problem.

Jessie

Moved back from AR to Facebook Other Problems...

Moved back to AR

24/3/2011

Last edited by Ruby on Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:03 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : moved back to main section as poster has still problems)
Jessie711
Jessie711

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down